Pleased to meet you :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VincentxH

Reaction score
Ahoy! :mug:

My name is Vincent (27) and I've been lurking around this forum learning a lot. I was tricked into brewing with a starterskit...
There was a hopped malt extract inside that I (or the yeast with a little help) converted into beer. My second beer is carbonating as we speak a DME IPA solely with amarillo hops.

Because I ended up buying more supplies then I planned to at the brewstore, I now got two meads sitting around in secondary fermentation, one of which is a ginger mead ^^

I read "Zelf bier brouwen" by Brian Kunath back to front in a day and tried the calculations, for example to interchange hops or adjust for different alpha%. A few sentences strook me highlighting that hops were not necessary for beer... it was enlightening... even though I've drunken Koyt (a gruit ale from Haarlem's Jopen brewery). So I got myself a copy of "Sacred and herbal healing beers" by Buhner and too finished it. It led to me, scavenging for herbs in the outdoors. Right now there's sweet gale, mugworth, thousand leaves, heather and scottish broom dried and waiting for me to brew with it :) (is my inner hippy showing?)

Oh and if anybody has a recipe for a mushroom beer let me know :)

Still learning shouldn't be rushed so the next beer I'll brew is a DME trippel, and then a pumpkin ale (probably with steeping malts). I'd slowly like to progress to at least be able to go all-grain and then deciding what technique I prefer because I like experimenting and DME is pretty convenient for quick experiments :)

Once again,
Aloha people who love the good life.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

You have that homebrewer's curiosity / inquisitiveness, this is a great hobby.

Study BIAB, it is a great way to go.

Cheers,

Thank you for the tip, I've been looking into BIAB :) and already found a brewery to supply me with milled barley ^^

Back