Super slow growth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benzy4010

Reaction score
I have about eight plants planted three are doing really well the rest just seem to be stuck or something. They have been planted for about a month or more but just have not shown much sign. I bought crowns from great lakes hops

Can't speak for transplanted crowns but rhizomes do that all the time. They shoot up a sprout and then look like they are stagnating. They are actually building a big root mass. Then they take off.

Got two cascade two giggle a Columbus kent Golding and centennial. I'll post pics on the am which plant is which.

image-2145390511.jpg

Attachments

• image-3513838290.jpg
    image-3513838290.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 119
  • image-1797581595.jpg
    image-1797581595.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image-570346172.jpg
    image-570346172.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 130
  • image-2679456661.jpg
    image-2679456661.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 125
Looking better then mine! I have 7 of 123 that have busted ground and the tallest is about 2 inches. They are going up so it looks like you are going good now.

Yea it seems like they just hit the breaks. They have been the same size for about a month now maybe a bit bushier but not much else

Yea it seems like they just hit the breaks. They have been the same size for about a month now maybe a bit bushier but not much else

Hopefully they are just building roots and getting ready to shoot up like was said before. I am sure it will be fine. Are they getting enough sun, too much water, or some other variable you might be able to adjust since you have a pretty mobile set up.

They are temporarily in the pots until I get the trellis built. My and my neighbors back yards were all trees until a month ago we cut all our trees Dow. I just planted grass two weeks ago so it's a new yard. I'm going to build the trellis next weekend of should I just let them grow in the pits this season and transact when dormant? My biggest plant just started to produce cones. These are my first attempts at growing.

image-2343847906.jpg

Attachments

• image-4167507692.jpg
    image-4167507692.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 65
My only problem is the weather has been not helpful. These last few weeks we have gotten about 8 inches of radars rain. Last week was 75 yesterday and the rest of the week it's going to be mid 90s. I've got the cascades centennial Columbus and chinooks in direct sun but the kent the fuggles are in a bit shadier spot I figured they don't do well in heat so shading them slightly may help

Latest posts

Back