Who wants rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four of the five I got have sprouted and look healthy. How long do I wait to train them upward and onward?

image.jpeg

Digging some rhizomes today and found a couple big ones from my Bullion. If anyone uses them this JUMBO is free to the first caller.

JUMBO Bullion.jpg

Half way between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Just send me your address.

Four of the five I got have sprouted and look healthy. How long do I wait to train them upward and onward?

image.jpeg

Just dangle the string next to them and they'll grab for it when they're ready, usually once they get a foot or so tall they'll want to climb.

Looks good. They will go up the twine once it is there. If anyone needs rhizomes still have plenty for sale in other post.

I have three crowns that need to be trimmed. I'm probably going to do it sometime this week. What I have is unlimited Saaz, Nugget and Willamette rhizomes.

Maybe a few centennial ...

I am near Portland, OR.

You can stop by to grab them or you can send me shipping money via paypal and I'll send them out to anyone who wants them.
We are just starting out. We live in Va. I'm interested in getting the types you have. How much do you need to get for them and how many do you have?
Thanks!

Susan

Two of the rizomes i received went in the ground 5 weeks ago, too early as it has been well below freezing at night quite a bit but today i have bines
poking though!:ban:
Hoping the one that went in the pot shows itself soon.
HoppyDaze,thanks once again

Hops seem to be coming up for the most part. Planted them about a week or so ago. Going to be putting up our trellising next week. Going with 18 foot 6x6's.

Anyone have any rhizomes they'd like to send to me? I'll pay shipping.

I live in Central IL. I planted 6 earlier this year but only 1 is growing!

Ill take some where do I send the money for shipping?

This has been over for a month or 2, lol.

My hops are about 18" high now...they are finding the strings! I just need some warmer weather to stick around so they can pop!

haha my bad.. I got a notification in my email that someone had posted.. clicked on the link and it took me to the first page.. I did not even pay attention.. thought there were new ones available.. lack of sleep is catching up...
You aren't too far from me.. Im In Lynchburg, what types of hops do you find grow best in our area?

haha my bad.. I got a notification in my email that someone had posted.. clicked on the link and it took me to the first page.. I did not even pay attention.. thought there were new ones available.. lack of sleep is catching up...
You aren't too far from me.. Im In Lynchburg, what types of hops do you find grow best in our area?

Well my Nugget and Saaz are doing ok but the Cascade and Centennial are doing awesome for first year growth! The bines are all over 6' tall and the growing season has only been full swing for about 4 weeks. :rockin:

261759_10151392695876636_1746262560_n.jpg

I planted them in raised beds that I dug to a depth of 12" and then tilled in composted manure and peat moss as well as incorporated some 10-10-10 slow release fertilizer. My soil pH was 7.2.

OK fellas this has happened three times now. I went out of my way to give away free rhizomes. Spending my precious time to help out the brewing community which I don't mind doing at all. But now we got people busting in on this thread offering to sale hops and rhizomes? Please go solicit your sales elsewhere; this thread is meant to convey generosity and maybe even influence others to share. NOT to profit from!

bye bye...

Sorry about the grumpy post it just struck a nerve. How are the hops boys??

Mine are shooting side arms like crazy but the aphid battle is constant...

The saaz and Willamette are still on the smaller side; 2 and 3 feet. The Nugget you sent me is at six feet. The 10+ feet ones with hops are cascades that I ordered from Hops Direct. All of them are first year. Thanks for jumpstarting this adventure Hoppy!

image.jpg

I got a late start getting these guys in the soil up here in Wisconsin.
Planted them over Memorial Day Weekend. They are all up and going well. 2' bines as of right now...
Pictures to follow.

Mine got hit with frost and i thought they were dead. All came back great except the saaz have been struggling. My late addition of Bullion and Magnum are doing great. Ill post a pick later of my garden. I noticed tonight that the bullion have hops starting to grow. They largest is 9'. Not sure if that is good for first year plants but im happy! Thanks to those who i got hops from. The obsession continues!!!!!!

I was up North this weekend (where my hops are) and I took a few pictures. I planted these Memorial Day weekend so they are about a month in. All are up and going.
Nugget is on the left, Saaz in the middle and Willamette on the right. Willamette is a little behind the others (only about 2.5' tall) but the others are over 6'.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

1167348_10151848919954468_1290607905_o.jpg

Lots of hoppy hops getting all ready for me to take off and dry out, mmm! Looks like I'll be getting a superb batch for first years.

WERiggs said:
Lots of hoppy hops getting all ready for me to take off and dry out, mmm! Looks like I'll be getting a superb batch for first years.

Good job. Those look great for year one

Looks like you've gotten a huge response. If you have any that aren't spoken for, I'd love a couple of each. Thanks!

New to the forum so it seems I may be a day late and a dollar short. If anyone would like to share the love, I would be more than happy to pay for shipping.

Back