Coffin condensation spot???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfishnc

Reaction score
So, got things together and all has been running well in my keezer. I have one spot that has a little moisture on the outside of my coffin top. What could be the cause of this? I haven't taken the back off and dissected it just yet.

My keezer is garage-based in NC. Currently, it's about 80 degrees outside and my keezer is set to 39. This spot just started showing up, is it of concern? Has anyone else seen something like this? In the pic below, you can see the condensation spot. It's under one of my taps... and a little hard to see. You can see where I've wiped it off and it formed back after a little while.
CA_05221321341776-XL.jpg

Thanks for any tips / insights.

Eric

Is your collar insulated? Is there a knot on the inside of the collar at that spot that could be drawing cold air/moisture through?

Is your collar insulated? Is there a knot on the inside of the collar at that spot that could be drawing cold air/moisture through?

The coffin is insulated with regular styrofoam insulation sheets. I don't think there's a knot inside of the coffin as it's made from oak plywood.

Think I'll take the back of the coffin off to see what, if anything, has come loose inside. I didn't know if anyone else had a single condensation spot on their coffin.

Thanks for the tips on the knot and potential air gap.

In suggest buying ProflexRv caulking at RV centre and sealing all joints in tower and especially where coffin joins freezer. I also put a sponge in bottom of keezer for summer months and simply wring it out every few days. The keezer is dry in the winter and I know I get condensation when I put a room temperature keg in a 38F keezer. This stuff is magic on RV's.

Clean any caulking spills or joints with Coleman fuel if you have a smudge!

Back