Philly has another n00b brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFoFalcon

Reaction score
Hello, all. Nice forum you have going... I'll try not to mess it up. ;)

I'm about 2 weeks into my first brew, and everything looks to be going quite well. All the research and preparation seems to be working out for me. But I have found that I learn a lot better by talking to people than just by reading formal instruction, so here I am. :D

Out of curiosity, has anyone else found that from the moment you start brewing, all your favorite beers taste a bit better? Educating my mind and going through (some of) the actions of brewing beer seems to have woken up parts of my palate and given me a heightened sense of taste. :mug:

Welcome to the forum!:mug:
Sorry for the late response but for some reason I never saw your post.

I noticed when I started brewing that Bud/Miller/Coors all tasted much different to me. I don't know that they tasted more watered down or not. Just different. The only one I can drink now is Coors and I don't even drink it unless I'm very hot and the beer is very cold.

Welcome! Philly's a great beer town...I'm partial to Sly Fox and Victory on the outskirts myself. :rockin:

Welcome to the forum.
Yeah, brewing beer definately makes you more focused on the beer you drink. You're starting to really notice flavors and characteristics you want to emulate or avoid.
Cheers

Back