Next brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickettj

Reaction score
My Alpha King clone will be ready to keg tomorrow (work is getting in my way!) this post is part excitement and part worry. I'm sure the stuff on the sides and top are the hops from my dry additions but I still don't like seeing stuff in my beer!! Looking forward to a custom recipe for my next brew.

image-1082591264.jpg

image-3423794852.jpg

Oh. Forgot to mention. The blanket is to keep the sun out, nothing more. It's maintaining a 66-68 degree temp sitting right next to an A/C vent.

How long has it been fermenting? It does not look entirely done to me. I do about 3 weeks then package and my beers are pretty much clear. Sometimes the inside of the Better Bottle are coated with dried krausen but the surface is usually clear.

I have always bagged my hops in strainer bags so I don't get a lot of hop debris in my wort.

kh54s10 said:
How long has it been fermenting? It does not look entirely done to me. I do about 3 weeks then package and my beers are pretty much clear. Sometimes the inside of the Better Bottle are coated with dried krausen but the surface is usually clear.

I have always bagged my hops in strainer bags so I don't get a lot of hop debris in my wort.

It fermented for nine days before being put into secondary. It has been in secondary for an additional 14 days. If I rack into a keg today it will be 23 days from brew day. I dry hopped in secondary. It has been sitting with hops for 14 days. It will sit in the keg for another 10 days at least. I will also bottle about 12 and hold them for a couple of months to see how the flavors change over time.

Back