Dry Hop Absorption Volume

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny1211

Reaction score
I'm relatively newer to brewing. I've used pellet hops the 2-3 times I've dry hopped so far. I know they absord liquid which will decrease final volume, but I wasn't able to find a number (either by searching here or the internet in general) that says how much liquid 1 oz of hops will absorb. If anyone can point me in the right direction for this, I'd appreciate it. I should have kept notes on post-boil volume vs. volume before bottling, but I am going to just start that with this batch. For what it's worth, I'm looking at a AG Double IPA recipe I found on-line. Really anxious to get going with it.

I'm relatively newer to brewing. I've used pellet hops the 2-3 times I've dry hopped so far. I know they absord liquid which will decrease final volume, but I wasn't able to find a number (either by searching here or the internet in general) that says how much liquid 1 oz of hops will absorb. If anyone can point me in the right direction for this, I'd appreciate it. I should have kept notes on post-boil volume vs. volume before bottling, but I am going to just start that with this batch. For what it's worth, I'm looking at a AG Double IPA recipe I found on-line. Really anxious to get going with it.

Google is your friend... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/leaf-hop-absorption-measured-241469/

MC

Back