What does your HBT name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came up with mine while I was a plumber. What started it was that I'd tell my helper to give the vent boot to, "roofer bob". He knew that meant to give it to the roofing foreman.

It's kinda funny now because when I meet people on occasion that I know from the "Net", they assume I'm a plumber and my name is Bob. I no longer am a plumber, and my name is Steve. Throws them off kilter for a moment.

pb

plumber_bob said:
I came up with mine while I was a plumber. What started it was that I'd tell my helper to give the vent boot to, "roofer bob". He knew that meant to give it to the roofing foreman.

It's kinda funny now because when I meet people on occasion that I know from the "Net", they assume I'm a plumber and my name is Bob. I no longer am a plumber, and my name is Steve. Throws them off kilter for a moment.

pb

Certainly you mean Pb.

For whatever reason, the Creamy Goodness South Park gag made me laugh harder than any other.

"Bringing you this story is an ordinary man with a funny sounding name"

"This is Creamy Goodness coming to you live from Stark Pond"

Was a maltin' my barley and corn, when out from the seed a sprouted shoots 'n roots. Enzymatic gold that is, brewers tea.

I'm not religious but I picked Seraph(im) because I always roll paladin whenever I play v-games. X117 comes from Halo...instead of Sierra 117, I chose eXperimental 117. So I define it as an Paladin Spartan prototype. Kind of geeky, I know, but is sounds bad ass to me.

boo-urns said:
simpsons plus my last name is burns

image-1474831686.jpg

It's a "random" name I chose for my first hotmail account when I was 14, "Bob McStuff". That was 11 years ago and I still use it for everything online because I have no imagination... It has no relation to my real name either.

I do try to think of new names when I join new forums (or should that be fora?), but then I figure why fix what ain't broke.

Devin said:
Mine is just my name. Not sure what it means....

Per Wikipedia:

"The male or female name Devin is pronounced DEV-in. It is of Irish and Gaelic origin, and its meaning is most commonly given as 'bard' or 'poet'."

Your welcome! :)

the ORIGINAL Hop Candy. It ain't for everyone but it keeps me busy. Hoppy Trails!

??? - actually, when I joined HBT I started messing around with different brewing words and such and then all of a sudden, this one wasn't taken. I couldn't believe it.

I'm former Air Force - Thunder Chickens is a AF perjorative for the the Thunderbirds demonstration team. If you look at their logo you'll see why:

afg-050606-002.jpg

The current avatar is a stencil I saw on a S-2 Tracker propeller blade at a local air show.

When I was in college (lo these many years ago), I listened to an "underground" comedy group called The Firesign Theatre. One of their bits featured a computer program that controlled the future, named Doctor Memory. I loved that bit and I've been going by that since about 1980.

When I was in college (lo these many years ago), I listened to an "underground" comedy group called The Firesign Theatre. One of their bits featured a computer program that controlled the future, named Doctor Memory. I loved that bit and I've been going by that since about 1980.

I remember Firesign Theatre

Nick Danger, Third Eye & The Case of the Missing Shoe

When first on forums, many people asked if I homebrewed. Back then I did not. Once starting, it was funny that the main grain was 2row.

All of you can pronounce my name better than 95% of the people that call me on the phone.

Over my years of being on forums my forum identity has changed numerous times through numerous different stages of my life. This name just kinda of sounded right for this forum.

Oddly enough I picked it up while playing a video game last year. I played word of warcraft, since its release, up until about 8 months ago. Last year they released a new expansion and with it a new class. The class abilities were built around drinking and one of the class Specialties was even called brewmaster. So, my name is just a mixture of Brew and A country music icon from the 80s, Bocephus. Hence the name, Brewcephus. After I used that character name I came up with so many others that I would liked to have used, but just stuck with this one.

Another funny one that I thought of, but never used, was BrewsLee. Shouldn't have to explain that one though :cross:

Mine is from one of my favorite tunes. It's also the name of the boat I built a few years back.

Fins Up!!!

I got mine quite a few years ago while racing RC cars in Utah. I've always been a pretty clean driver and not a "Hack" by any means. While racing I nudged another racer(cleanly albeit) and slid him aside and took his position and kept going. Someone in the crowd meant to yell out my last name followed by "you Hack", but instead shouted, "Hackwood, you hack!" From then on I have been Hackwood, Zdoowkcah etc etc, it's a good chance it's me.

Last name's O'Reilly. Not too-uncommon an Irish name, but just ethnic enough that I deal with slaughterings of it fairly regularly. Among the various ways people mispronounce it is "oh really"; I've also gotten "Or-ee-elly", "Orotvy", and perhaps the best of all: "Orally".

"Mr. Orally?"
"Well, that depends..."

In fact, if someone has one I haven't heard, I'll cheers you.

:mug:.

I keep my fermenters in my basement...which is basically a rock cave...hence the name :D though the fact that I usually have music blasting while brewing also works too! :rockin:

My name is Nic. But that user ID was either taken already or too short (it's been a couple of years so I can't really remember which), so I added a zero.

I'm super creative.

My user name for pretty much everything... Pretty easy to get I like beer all beer ( well almost all) not much better then an ice cold beer anytime

For those that maybe haven't seen it my name is from the movie
'The Boondock Saints' with Sean Patrick Flannery, Norman Reedus, Willem Dafoe & Billy Connolly.

Basically, two Irish brothers (and their goofy Italian buddy) become vigilantes & take on the Russian mob and the Italian mafia cleaning up the streets of criminals, etc. Willem Dafoe plays an FBI agent who ends up identifying with them and helping them.

There is obviously more to the story but I'm typing this on an iPad so brevity is preferred. :D

boondocksaint said:
'The Boondock Saints' with Sean Patrick Flannery, Norman Reedus, Willem Dafoe & Billy Connolly.

Basically, two Irish brothers (and their goofy Italian buddy) become vigilantes & take on the Russian mob and the Italian mafia cleaning up the streets of criminals, etc. Willem Dafoe plays an FBI agent who ends up identifying with them and helping them.

There is obviously more to the story but I'm typing this on an iPad so brevity is preferred. :D

Loved that movie.

Love those movies! Rocco's speech in the second is the manliest thing ever

Back