uh oh, not enough yeast packets for today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPR

Reaction score
Went and bought my ingredients the other day and just now realized I have only 1 dry yeast packet. I plan on doing 1 10 gallon batch and then splitting that into two different 5 gallon carboys.

With only one packet of dry yeast, can I get a way with doing a starter, then splitting that starter into two?

Well, looks like a starter won't work either. I need it done today (will be gone all next week). I still would like an answer to the previous question.

But now, I would like to know if anyone has taken one pack of dry yeast and split it for two 5 gallon carboys? Would it just take longer to do it's thing?

That's much too high to pitch half a packet.

When can you get a hold of another packet? I would brew it, pitch one packet into one fermentor. Tomorrow I would pick up another packet for the other fermentor and pitch.

That's much too high to pitch half a packet.

When can you get a hold of another packet? I would brew it, pitch one packet into one fermentor. Tomorrow I would pick up another packet for the other fermentor and pitch.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not leaving out of town until tomorrow afternoon. I should be able to grab some more prior to leaving.

My basement holds about 69-70 degrees. I believe all I would need to do is shake/stir it up pretty good and pitch the yeast without worrying about anything else. Sound right?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not leaving out of town until tomorrow afternoon. I should be able to grab some more prior to leaving.

My basement holds about 69-70 degrees. I believe all I would need to do is shake/stir it up pretty good and pitch the yeast without worrying about anything else. Sound right?

yup.

Back