Pacific Northwest Newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblybob

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hey everybody from Tenino WA This Sunday will be my 4th batch on the stove— extract brewing only right now. Anvil 5.5 kettle and a 7.5 Anvil fermenter and a northern brewing big mouth that I have not tried as of yet. First try was a NB bucket kit on sale at Amazon and it came out great. Absolutely hated bottling so I built a kegerator out of a TRUE commercial cooler with 2 taps holds 2 corny kegs and a bright red CO2 bottle with taprite dual gauge and a taprite secondary gauge. That cooler holds 33 degrees all day long. You can turn the light off at night, can’t wait to try it! Bob

Attachments

• 647D564A-AA57-49F3-8E76-3680A8760525.jpeg
    647D564A-AA57-49F3-8E76-3680A8760525.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
thanks I’m sure I will be tapping in to the wealth of knowledge here !!! that cooler I found on Craigslist in Portland for $300.00 ($1600.00 new) and it was only 3 years old. I called the manufacturer (TRUE) and asked about location of the cooling lines and he assured me that there were none in the sides or top. Everything is in the back. It is loud. Has 2 big fans. he said these are made last very long time he said they still do service on coolers like this from the mid-80s

Welcome to the forum and brewing family. I lived up north (Puyallup) in the early '80s while in the NAVY. Being a poor sailor we made regular visits to the original Olympia brewery for the free beer at the end of the tour. The tasting room guy got to know us and often gave us extra samples. He knew we didn't have any money and were only there for the free beer. Love the area and almost stayed after my enlistment was over. Probably would have if the job market was better back then but the local economy was hurting. Anyway enjoy the ride! Any question you have about brewing can be answered here.
VERY nice kegerator!

Last edited:
Thanks very much and thank you for your service! I love it here. I moved here in 2003, and I would be hard-pressed to move somewhere else. :mug:

Back