I pulled the trigger today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottG58

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger today and bought a starter system from keg connection. I have an IPA that I want to take to a party and did not like the idea of dragging 50 bottles with me. Beer should be ready to rack in a week. I want it ready by the end of the month. The wife will not like the cash outlay. I hope the learning curve on kegging is short.

Thumbs up!

I pulled the trigger this week as well. Ordered the double-tower system from Ontario Beer Kegs, with Perlick's, two ball-lock corny's, a 5lb CO2 tank and a carbonator stone. Also picked up a Danby DAR125SLDD on sale from Costco.

Big price tag on all that gear, I considered going with cobra taps instead, but I know that I wouldn't be happy with it.

I've got a big party planned in 2 weeks, so I wanted to have it all up and running for then. Anxiously watching the tracking info, should all arrive next week, then 1 week to carb up. I've got an american lager, and a brewhouse prairie wheat already racked and waiting to be kegged.

Exciting stuff! Hopefully I'll only be bottling wine or small-batch beers from now on.

Thumbs up!

I pulled the trigger this week as well. Ordered the double-tower system from Ontario Beer Kegs, with Perlick's, two ball-lock corny's, a 5lb CO2 tank and a carbonator stone. Also picked up a Danby DAR125SLDD on sale from Costco.

Big price tag on all that gear, I considered going with cobra taps instead, but I know that I wouldn't be happy with it.

I've got a big party planned in 2 weeks, so I wanted to have it all up and running for then. Anxiously watching the tracking info, should all arrive next week, then 1 week to carb up. I've got an american lager, and a brewhouse prairie wheat already racked and waiting to be kegged.

Exciting stuff! Hopefully I'll only be bottling wine or small-batch beers from now on.

Yeah I have the same fridge. Good call on going with the tap tower right away. I have been using cobra taps for about a year and they are getting old fast.But they still dispense beer. Cheers!

I pulled the trigger today and bought a starter system from keg connection. I have an IPA that I want to take to a party and did not like the idea of dragging 50 bottles with me. Beer should be ready to rack in a week. I want it ready by the end of the month. The wife will not like the cash outlay. I hope the learning curve on kegging is short.

Congrats! I got mine up and running a few months ago and am loving it. It's a bit intimidating at first, kind of like your first home brew, but once you get things set up it's simple. And it feels like you're getting away with something the first time you rack to your keg, hook up the CO2, and then relax with a beer instead of spending the next 45 mins filling bottles!

Thumbs up!

Wow. You jumped in where I would like to be in about a year. Congrats. I saw the fridge at Costco last night and was tempted. Hope things go well with the conversion.

Wow. You jumped in where I would like to be in about a year. Congrats. I saw the fridge at Costco last night and was tempted. Hope things go well with the conversion.

Yeah. It was a big purchase all at once, between my tax return and a birthday coming up, I managed to convince myself.

I really waffled on it for awhile. Thought about only 1 keg instead of 2, but I knew as soon as I filled one I'd want the variety of having another keg filled. Also thought about the cobras, but knew I would immediately regret not having a tower.

Although I'm sure yet another "Danby conversion" thread would be redundant, I'll put up some pictures next weekend when I get it finished.

That's funny last sept, my wife picked me up the Costco Danby just so I wouldn't have beer bottles filling a room. I thought it was an excellent deal for me. Now u will start to learn quite quickly that 2 kegs is no where near enough! I now have 7 and I am always watching for more

Back