banana beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gpbrew

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'm new to this site so i wish to start by saying hello to all. I'm fairly new to brewing having only done it for about 8 months, I'm trying to develop a banana beer much like the wells banana bread beer, I would like to use real bananas in the mash and maybe some banana essence, but maybe some vanilla pods as well. Has anybody got any thoughts on this all ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thank you kindly

Thank you for that, very helpful and looks like an interesting recipe, I wouldn't have thought to add rum to the mix zo it looks like a fun one. Thank you again for your help.

I"m actually making an english brown with wyeast 3068 and I way under pitched it on a hefe cake to try to get a ton of banana flavor. I have no idea what it will be like but it didn't cost me anything but I'll update you on the experiment.

My tripel ended up a bit nanner'ry. Actually very delicious and filling beer. What else did I expect doing a tripel as beer #1.

Back