Over the top pump priming valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of problems with my pump not priming correctly. I'm not 100% positive but I believe that has caused some oxidation problems. I thought the pump was primed and would run the wort. It was flowing but there was a lot of air mixing at the output. Once I realized what was happening I was able to correct it and stop all the air coming in.

So I decided to make a priming valve which I can also use to take samples for pH measuring and gravity readings. I'm in the process of removing all threaded parts so I went with all TC except the two adapters on the pump head. At some point I will replace the head with one with welded TC fittings. My cleaning OCD has been kicking in lately lol I hate cleaning threaded parts.

So here is my over the top completely unnecessary priming valve. I am missing the valve on the barb side which I will be ordering tonight.

Edit: sorry for the tilted picture. My picture that I upload is normal. Not sure why it flips when I attach it.

20170831_155844.jpg

Mucho blingy. I need some shades :cool:

I'm glad I did it but I wish the parts were a little smaller. It is unnecessarily big lol I guess if it gets the job done then it doesn't matter. No threads and a barb to prime and take samples from.

Back