Order a beer in different languages infographic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Reaction score
For those who want to travel the world drinking craft beer in different countries, here's a good start:

how-to-order-a-beer-in-22-languages-infographic-02.jpg

The original post can be found here: http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/news/how-to-order-a-beer-in-22-languages-infographic/

Those phrases are all funny because nobody says them! Nobody goes into a bar and says "One beer, please!". More like, "Hefeweizen, please" (vehnäolut, kiitos).

Just one hefeweizen!

zech_05.jpg

Those phrases are all funny because nobody says them! Nobody goes into a bar and says "One beer, please!". More like, "Hefeweizen, please" (vehnäolut, kiitos).

Just one hefeweizen!

zech_05.jpg

You might do if you're travelling by yourself or have no friends :mug:

Or if you're with five friends in a foreign country you could order it by saying "one beer please" six times.

Perhaps the next infographic they should have "how to order different beers in different languages". "I'd like to order an imperial IPA made with Halcyon and Amarillo please".

perkele is a very mild swear word, generally used as punctuation.
Finns tend to swear, a lot, depending a bit on the level of conversation, but i've heard people talk where every second word was "vittu"(slang for female bodypart).

I thought "perkele" was a way to swear, vent and generally express anger about something? Like "Ah F*CK!!!!"

It's a sort of a bonding word for the blue-collar workers. Like walking into a redneck bar and saying "gimme a beer, dammit!". Walk into that kind of place and say "I'll have a beer please" and you might get your ass kicked ;-)

If you are in a noisy bar or nightclub in Germany, where the bartender can't really hear you, and you show your index finger then you will get two beers.

Thumb means "one" in German, index finger means "two".

It's a sort of a bonding word for the blue-collar workers. Like walking into a redneck bar and saying "gimme a beer, dammit!". Walk into that kind of place and say "I'll have a beer please" and you might get your ass kicked ;-)

Yeah, but if you do that in a redneck bar it had best be one where you're known. Walking into a strange dive and telling the bartender to "Gimme a beer, dammit" may get you a pool cue instead.

Yeah, but if you do that in a redneck bar it had best be one where you're known. Walking into a strange dive and telling the bartender to "Gimme a beer, dammit" may get you a pool cue instead.

Well good to know :p

Latest posts

Back