Oops! All Beeries - purple pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joewalla88

Reaction score
Had an idea for something. I've heard of people using kids cereals before, so I thought this would be fun. Used loral hops too, because I kept reading about how they tasted like fruity pebbles.
IMG_20200215_171431_365.jpeg
IMG_20200215_171455_388.jpeg

Yep, definitely will be watching this thread to see how it turns out for you. I had a similar idea for a chocolate stout using Hershey's Special Dark.

Let us know how it turns out.

Yep, definitely will be watching this thread to see how it turns out for you. I had a similar idea for a chocolate stout using Hershey's Special Dark.

Let us know how it turns out.
I love the special dark mini bars, like the Halloween fun size. You should do that.

probably should have boiled them first to gel the starch.....not sure if they use corn or wheat for them.

From the website:

Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Red 40, Blue 1, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Thiamin Mononitrate*, BHT (to preserve freshness), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*, Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

*One of the B Vitamins

From the website:

Corn Flour, Sugar, Oat Flour, Brown Sugar, Palm and/or Coconut Oil, Salt, Sodium Citrate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Red 40, Blue 1, Reduced Iron, Yellow 5, Niacinamide*, Thiamin Mononitrate*, BHT (to preserve freshness), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride*, Riboflavin*, Folic Acid*.

*One of the B Vitamins
Well, that's great because I was really thinking of this as more of a B vitamin addition anyway.

I would of thought you would of ground the cereal up for the mash.
I thought about it, but then I figured it would just turn to mush in the mash anyway, and then I could stir it in, which is what ended up happening. I honestly wasnt thinking about the conversion being an issue. I was more concerned about the extra sugar from the cereal itself.

I thought about it, but then I figured it would just turn to mush in the mash anyway, and then I could stir it in, which is what ended up happening. I honestly wasnt thinking about the conversion being an issue. I was more concerned about the extra sugar from the cereal itself.

I wasn't even going to try and tackle conversion.
I was just thinking of added sugar and flavor.

Amazing. Whether or not the corn got converted, there's certainly plenty of sugar and other nonsense. Served in the nonic pint for style, I see.

Amazing. Whether or not the corn got converted, there's certainly plenty of sugar and other nonsense. Served in the nonic pint for style, I see.
It's one if the biggest glasses I have. It's how I tell myself I've only had one or two without feeling like a lush. I think there was some conversion, just not sure how much. I can't complain. I really like it, although wonder if some of the other ingredients might have had an effect on head retention because at this point it's at about a zero.

You should do another imperial version. Something that's pushing close to 10% abv. Then you could call it "Oops! All F##ked up!"

Perfect name after a sixer of those. LOL!

@Leezer Keep us updated on that Special Dark Stout.

Back