Only pawn in game of life...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongo523

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Found this place in quest of knowledge of brewing Mead. I just completed my second ever batch with my buddy Trout yesterday. Our first batch was drinkable, fairly good alcohol content... but could taste better. I have higher hopes for batch number two. We both want to better our abilities and have a sustainable source of honey, and healthy doses of Viking blood running through our veins. It is our obligation to consume mead and party like Vikings! There has even been some early talk of trying beer... we'll see. I am looking forward to learning more and more here.

Mongo not only one that's pawn in game of life. Retiree's are also fair game to the elite. I've seen & read some history that claims they were of Germanic origins. If true,we're related by history. Pop's side & our sirname is from south central Germany. Upper Bavaria to them. Ein Prosit!

Never mind that sht! HERE COMES MONGO!

he he...

One of the best movies ever made.

Wine and mead are still pretty mysterious to me. I've made each once or twice, or tried to. I'd like to get a decent quality honey and try mead again. Maybe a slightly smaller batch this time as I doubt the wife or friends will enjoy it. I'm also looking to get started in wine again, but this time with a kit from the store. I do not generally care to drink wine, so it's for the wife and her friends and they like sweet wines. My batch of homemade wine made from some random grapes at a friend's house turned out very acidic and tart. I had to dump it after well over a year.

But there are some good resources here for both. I like that you can spend a little bit of time at the start and a little bit of time now and again. With beer, it's several hours at the start and then a little bit a couple of weeks later and you're done. With wine you might spend a few minutes at the start (unless you are pressing fruit...) and a few minutes every once in a while to rack and degas, and even the bottling is not much time.

Latest posts

Back