What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrew barleywine with pot roast. Yum.

image-1275402686.jpg

HB Chocolate Rye Stout. I used rye malt and chocolate rye malt. It's only 4mo old, you can definitely pick up the rye, it's really good at this stage. The rest will cellar (ok, closet) until winter time.

Ha I'm not the only one that's a closet brew hoarder !! :D

ForumRunner_20130418_181855.png

Coopers Stout/Dark Ale toucan. It's about 4 months old now and I'm not sure that the bitterness has really started to mellow out yet. I'm going to start sparing it along so there be some left to try after month 6.

Flat porter, have about a quart that wouldn't fit in the bottling bucket. Hope it's ok in there with the priming sugar overnight. Beer was cold crashed and it's in the fridge, so I'm guessing it will be fine. Needed the yeast and carboy for today's brew. Doing too many things at once and didn't sanitize bottles first, so now I'll have to use bottling wand in the autosiphon, I guess and don't feel like messing with it when I have to be up at 5. From the krausen that formed about 15 minutes after I moved the wort over , I'm guessing I over pitched a little. T-58 mixed with third gen ECY-02. Don't think I'll go a fourth. This will make 7 batches of sours that won't be ready for at least another year.

Back