OMFG... I can't decide what to brew next.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoCornOrRice

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have all the ingredients I need to make any type of American or English ale... I went down to mill the grain and can't make up my mind. Stout / IPA / Pale Ale / ESB / etc. Lol.

If this is OMFG what's your reaction when your hair is on fire?

To find something wonderful to brew pick up the Brewing Classic Styles book, close your eyes then fan past a random number of pages. Stop. Look at the recipe on that page and brew it. It will be good.

Here is a suggestion, take or leave or borrow from:

I see you might not like corn or rice, how 'bout rye malt? Perhaps a refreshing summer blonde ale w pils base malt, some MO or GP or Vienna, or similar & rye malt.

50% pils, 30% flavorful two row of some sort, 20% rye malt(& maybe some rice hull, depending on process).

N brewer FW, Willamente 30 min before end boil, Whirlflock 10 min before end of boil. Cascade in post boil hop step at around 160F. Around 30 IBU or to taste.

Ferment around 68F w US-05, rack to kegs & spund & condition at cellar temp a week or so, crash cold for a two or three of weeks... limit oxidation as much as you can, your good to go..

Anyway that's what I'm drinking now & it compares favorably to anything I can buy here....

I am cool as a cucumber when the sky is falling, but when faced with a completely silly moment

LOL, me too! like damn if don't brew TODAY! in a case like that, i'd probably just take hands full of malt and throw it in the air, see what ends up getting milled...while it's boiling i should have a good idea of what hops to use, but it's got to get in the fermenter TODAY!

Oatmeal stout sounds like a good choice though! :mug:

Back