Old Clothesline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmwadeii

Reaction score
I moved into my new house last spring and was originally going to just remove an old clothesline that was in the back yard. Since then I'm not starting to homebrew and thought it might be fun to try and grow a few hops for dry hopping purposes.

• My first question is would it be ok to use this? Its' at least 7 foot high and has four runners going from post to post about 1-1.5ft apart. The total length of the runners is about 18-20ft. I was thinking of planting them a few feet away and running lines up to the "T" at an angle, then training them to follow the lines.
  • Second would the standard plastic coated lines be fine for the runners or should I replace them with twine/hemp rope as well?
  • Third would it be OK to run different species or just keep it to one due to the close proximity? Was also thinking for spacing run two from one side two from the other.
  • Fourth and final question, has anyone had luck with keeping them in large planters, or should I plant them in ground? (was thinking in an above ground planter)

I can post pictures if it'd help answer the questions :D

Back