Question about conditioning my hoe brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YayBeer

Reaction score
Hello Interwebs!

I have A question regarding the conditioning process before I bring my bombers to the fridge.

I want to know if it will hurt the conditioning and/or carbonation phase if I dont wait the full 2 weeks of room temp conditioning. I just bottled 4 five gallon batches of different types of beer and i only waited 6 days after bottling before i placed them in the fridge. I dont plan on drinking them until the 4 weeks is up but i want to make sure its ok to cold condition them for the duration of the wait period.

Another brewer i know who is fairly experienced told me the yeast has a tendency to go dormant in cold conditions.

Does anyone out there think i should remove them from the fridge and continue aging them at room temp? Or will it be ok and i should leave them. They have been in the cold fridge for 30 hours now.

You won't have carbonation or conditioning in the fridge. If you put them in the fridge, the yeast is going to go dormant and you'll have flat beer. Take them out, let them finish their process, then you can do whatever you want with them, you can chill and drink them, or store them at room temp, and put a few in the fridge at a time. Whatever you want to do after is fine, but FIRST you must complete the process, or you'll NEVER get to drink carbed beer.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will remove them and let them finish at room temp.

Back