OK, it's in the fermenter...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveM

Reaction score
My first attempt at GF brewing. I have a nephew and niece who have Celiac, and my nephew turns 21 in December. Seems wrong for him not to have a beer to celebrate to me.

I have no idea how it will come out but it smelled great in the cook pot. I like IPAs, so I used my normal four ounces (two home grown Cascade for bittering and flavor, two Amarillo for flavor and aroma). I have an idea that hoppy beers might be well suited for GF brewing, based on what I've read. Of course, I have an idea that ANY brewing is best with hoppy beers. :cross:

It looked a bit cloudier than a barley based beer (I used Midwest White Sorghum). I added Irish moss at 45 minutes, and I think I will let it sit in the fermenter for four weeks before bottling to let it clear as much as possible.

I gotta say, the smell is awesome. I will report back later on how it comes out.

Latest posts

Back