its about to rain in the middle of my brew day... help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSorenson

Reaction score
I'm starting my all grain boil. Sky about to open up. Not sure for how long. Thoughts?

Bad rain? Or a sprinkle?

If it's just a sprinkle or drizzle, don't sweat it. If it's a downpour, relocate to the garage or dig out a pop-up if you've got one.

you could make a DIY cover that keeps water out but can still stir, just find some ply wood or something around the house

I brewed during a heavy hail storm. That beer is in the process of conditioning as I type. "Hail Storm Ale." I'm confident it should turn out fine... or at least if something's wrong I doubt its cause there's hail in there.

our CiC would call in the Marines.

my last brew day was off and on raining. got less boil off than usual and my numbers were off a bit

but, I made beer and that was the point. otherwise, I got wet and the dog wasn't in his usual stuck-to-my-hip position.

Oh, I just have to do it. This shows a very bad sense of humor. Read no further if you can't stand black humor. If you can't stand black humor and read all of this anyway, no replies, it was your own fault.
Go extract and brew in the comfort of your kitchen or utility room.

Cheers HBT! My mother of all people brought a pop up for me! Successful brew day. Thanks for the good vibes guys! It sprinkled at worst. Damn weather channel!

Back