Officially a brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxer.luur

Reaction score
Finally took the leap and bought an electric kettle all grain kit from MoreBeer. It's the digiboil 35l 220v version. And I'm going all in. 1st kit is all grain and currently boiling as we speak. Been doing lots of reading and I have tons more to do but I can follow a recipe so I'm optimistic. Just some early observations for people that may be interested in this set up.

Starting water temp 93°
Strike temp 156° - 31 minutes

Mash temp stayed between 150 and 152 entire mash with 1 element on.

End of mash temp 149°
32 minutes to boil.
Nice vigorous boil

Temps were pretty accurate checking with a thermometer. Gradient water lines inside were very accurate. Only issue I see so far is display is reading 210° but I have a nice boil. And I can live with that. More info to come.
FB_IMG_1584817157730.jpg
FB_IMG_1584817149529.jpg
FB_IMG_1584817131041.jpg

Water only boils at 212 degrees at sea level with a certain atmospheric pressure. If you are above sea level and a low pressure system just moved in the 210 sounds normal.

if you didn't drink all the Nitro Vanilla Porter, put the rest of the cans aside at room temp for a couple months before you sample again. My porters taste much better with 3 months in the bottle than they do at one week.

Back