So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
American wheat and German altbeir Sunday. Having a friend interested in brewing over to see how it goes.

Not this weekend but I'm taking off from the 17th thru the 26th. I plan to brew an American Wheat, Rye IPA, & possibly an ESB. Also have my cigars. & single malt lined up!

Big brew weekend for me. Doing an Amarillo pale ale BIAB on Friday. Then on Sunday I'm doing a double brew with a friend. An american wheat and a hefe.

Just so you know,Pride of Ringwood is a rather clean bittering hop commonly used by Cooper's for bittering their Original Series cans. I'm going to brew the first of two Berlin Wheat partial mash kits with Wyeast Bavarian Wheat Blend.

I am brewing this weekend.

My first full boil on my new burner and 32QT kettle and IC.

A 26IBU, 1.050/1.008 OG/FG ale featuring summit and citra and WYEAST #1056.

Hopefully something simple and sessionable for late spring/early summer. Hopefully sit in the sprinkler and watch the clouds while sipping this in 30 days.

Will also be bottling my Mild (ended up starting at 1.03X and is at 1.006 now -- a crisp slightly nutty number for the BMC crowd) and racking my first lager into the secondary prior to diacytyl break.

Zombie Dust clone for me this weekend, my pipeline has taken a major hit. I gave away 60 bottles at a homebrew get together this weekend and I only have an imperial stout and a Kolsch in primary right now. Kolsch won't be ready to drink for 7 weeks or so and the stout won't be ready for months. So I'm going to be playing catch-up for a while.
Same here. Had a party and killed 5 kegs. Waiting for my first lager in a few weeks. Playing catch up too. Bought a 30 pack of PBR :-(. Going to the liquor store after work to drown my sorrows in whiskey.

I am doing a double brew day. The wife has to work on Sunday so that's the day! I am brewing a batch of the Raging Irish Red Ale and a batch of Ed's Rye IPA. I have brewed the Rye several times and love that beer but this will be the first time since I started to keg. As for the Irish ale my wife likes sweeter maltier beers so instead of the 1lb of honey at flame out I opted for 1lb of honey malt. We will see!

image-4050813515.jpg

Did a Bavarian hefeweizen last weekend and now going to do summer ale tomorrow. My home brew was running low due to playoff hockey. It's amazing how quickly you can go through beer watching a game. Now need to restock

Sunday I'm brewing a Hoppy Red ale with Bravo, Citra and Zythos. First time using Zythos so it should be fun!

Dry hopped my Maori IPA this morning with the remaining .8oz each of pacifica,motueka,& wakatu,all from New Zealand. Getting some more PBW mixed up to soak & clean the spigot & mounting area,then rinse & sanitize the whole FV. Wanna brew one of the 2 PM Berlin Wheat kits tomorrow. Then another PM Berlin Wheat maybe next weekend after bottling the Maori IPA. And I still have a decent amount of light & dark hybrid lager left too. Trying to make those last for Memorial day. The NZ IPA is settling nicely,& bring on that beautiful amber orange color. Fruity malty flavor so far. Got a lil bit of oaky cinnamon & alspice too last week. This is gunna be really interesting when it's ready to drink. Can't wait to find out what the final flavors & aromas will be.:ban:

Just finished brewing my Petite Saison recipe today. It is a mix of some different recipes. I wanted a light lawnmower siason. Something a little more flavorful and complex than a standard blonde ale.

This is basically what I did:

6.5 lb Bohemian Pils
8 oz Flaked wheat
8 oz Aromatic malt

Mashed at 152F for 90 min
90 minute boil
.75 oz EKG at 60 min
.75 oz Saaz at 10 min
1.25 oz Saaz at 2 min

1/2 whirlfloc tablet at 5 min

Pitched Wyeast 3722 at 70 F
I will let it sit in my 68F room for 2 days, then move it upstairs where I expect it get into the low 70's the next few days. I don't want too much funk.

OG was 1.037
FG hoping for around 1.007 we will see

This is my first time making this, so I am hoping for the best

Brewing up another 11 gallon batch of the Scottish Ale. Everyone seems to really enjoy this brew. Can't seem to keep it around very long. :tank:

buddman, I have a question on the 11 gallon batches. I assume you have a 15 gallon pot to brew it in, is your fermentor large enough or are you useing two 6.5 buckets?

I just started reducing the first runnings of a massive RIS

Don't know why that mash pic showed up, I was trying to attach the boil-down pic from my phone when HBT mobile crashed on me.

Great brewday though, reduced about 8 gallons of RIS down to 5.5 gallons of motor oil over 3 hours. Also pulled a 1.045 small beer out of the 2nd runnings, an EKG/Nugget Porter with some Tupelo honey & a single star anise cluster at flameout.

Just spent the day brewing my first all grain saison, all while taking care of my three daughters (under the age of 5). My wife is out of town this weekend. I lost my first runnings by forgetting to close the ball valve in my boil kettle, so I goosed up the gravity with Belgian candy sugar, and honey. Still ended up at target 1.080, hopefully it will attenuate!! All in all, a busy but good brew day!!

i brewed my first lager today. It was a Augustiner lagerbier Helles clone of sorts. Took a while to get it down to 50°F but now I have pitched it. Let's see how I do.

Another double-brew weekend!
While my wife was running the Cleveland Half Marathon, I brewed 4 gallons of the Fruitcake Old Ale ( from Radical Brewing), and rebrewed Jamil's American Amber.

Got the kids helping too! They helped measure grains and add hops.

Finished brewing a pilsner to replace the Vienna lager my friends killed after killing the vanilla cream ale. The cream ale was a favorite and my second batch is fermenting away. Doubt it will hold me off until the pilsner is done.

Jealouse! I wanted to brew this weekend instead I picked up 50 lbs of 2 row pale malt along with some misc grains. Im going to do my first 10 gallon batch this week. Plan on doing 10 gallon mash and sparge and 2 simotaneouse boils. 5 gallons maple leaf ale and 5 gallons of blonde ale or a wit with coriander and orange peel.

Brewing an APA, a clone of Pheonix Ale Brewerie's Fretzy's Unfiltered Pale Ale in rememberance of "Fretzy", the man behind the brewery who lost his battle with throat cancer over the weekend.

Yesterday did a Row 2 Hill 56 clone and a big ****ing IPA yesterday. Memorial Day weekend I may try doing a Bohemia clone.

Made another smaller modification to my Citra APA...happily fermenting away now. Next weekend I'm doing a Brett beer. Took nearly three weeks to get the yeast starter up and running. Can't wait!

Back