odd kettle trub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beenym88

Reaction score
I wanted some opinions has anyone ever seen kettle trub look this white? I never have seen it look like this and I’m a little worried virtually no hops were used. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• EE9EAED2-07A5-4479-A60F-B37D4DBFE5DC.jpeg
    EE9EAED2-07A5-4479-A60F-B37D4DBFE5DC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
It was 90% Pilsner 10% wheat very little hops at 60 min i used magnum to get 8 ibu

8 ibu?

I can't recall ever doing less than 20 - and that turned out to be an insipidly unbittered wheat beer that I saved with some "IBU Tea" :)
Anyway...nope, best as I can tell from the pic I've never had a batch drop such bright trub...

Cheers!

Last edited:
8 ibu?

I can't recall ever doing less than 20 - and that turned out to be an insipidly unbittered wheat beer that I saved with some "IBU Tea" :)
Anyway...nope, best as I can tell from the pic I've never had a batch drop such bright trub...

Cheers!
8 is for a sour some people are doing no hops but just using Philly sour yeast

Did you recirc before lautering? That kind of looks like mash trub.

Yes I was more worried possibly chemical got in it causing something weird although I’m an extreme over rinser but some grain definitely could have gotten through

Any finings added? Whirlfloc, Irish Moss, etc?

Regardless if boiled enough to be ready to go in the FV, looks like you have all the proteins and stuff not really wanted in the FV already taken care of.

Latest posts

Back