shanks and faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
Beverage factory has the best prices but shipping across the country is expensive and will take forever. Where did you get yours? Any good deals? Was planning on drilling through the mini fridge door. Any problems?

I don't know about places to order, but I select a couple online add everything to the cart and do everything short of paying and compare prices including shipping.

As to the fridge door. Make sure it is secure without disturbing insulation as much as possible and make sure there are no cooling lines in there.

I just got kegs for my standard sized fridge. I think I can fit 5 keg in there. I am using picnic taps for the time being. Only one keg tapped at the moment.

I used Beverage Factory years ago to great effect. Bought everything I needed to build 2.5 kegorators. This minimized shipping. Your LHBS probably has the goods but will likely be more expensive. They know that they can't offer the best price. If you're going to be paying shipping anyway, why not support the local shop? They're usually willing to negotiate some, especially when presented with a cash transaction.

There are usually no lines in doors. I removed the entire molded bit (a fair bit of work) and replaced with some bathroom wallboard. Maximizes space in the fridge and looks really sweet. If you're going to drill the top for a tower, beware refrigerant lines. You can try to figure out where they are by misting the bare metal top with water and then dusting with corn starch. The lines should freeze up the mix. I usually drill with a tiny bit then feel around with a cut up metal coat hanger.

Perlicks are definitely the way to go. Pony up the $$ and get the all stainless ones. They are more expensive than the chromed but will last a lifetime.

I used Beverage Factory years ago to great effect. Bought everything I needed to build 2.5 kegorators. This minimized shipping. Your LHBS probably has the goods but will likely be more expensive. They know that they can't offer the best price. If you're going to be paying shipping anyway, why not support the local shop? They're usually willing to negotiate some, especially when presented with a cash transaction.

There are usually no lines in doors. I removed the entire molded bit (a fair bit of work) and replaced with some bathroom wallboard. Maximizes space in the fridge and looks really sweet. If you're going to drill the top for a tower, beware refrigerant lines. You can try to figure out where they are by misting the bare metal top with water and then dusting with corn starch. The lines should freeze up the mix. I usually drill with a tiny bit then feel around with a cut up metal coat hanger.

Perlicks are definitely the way to go. Pony up the $$ and get the all stainless ones. They are more expensive than the chromed but will last a lifetime.

Thanks, why would the perlicks be better tgen the chrome version i have been seeing for so cheap? In all honesty, i will only be doing one keg at a time. Drinking it mostly all alone (work alot : ( ) i dont need much. Help me make the right decision. Thanks again.

I bought all mine off e-bay. Standard style faucets seal on the back side and the beer left in the faucet turns gummy and can become rock hard. Some have actually bent and broken the levers. Now if your tapping it daily you wont have problems.

image-1886347341.jpg

Back