I hate Seadoos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Yes they are flipping fun.

I have had more than 1 pleasant day spoiled in some way by Jet skis.

Worst one, GF at the time and I hiked out to this fairly remote beach in Fla and happened to come out of the trees to see 2 majestic pelicans floating in this beautiful little mini bay.

Warm breeze, beautiful day, magic moment......

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ along come 2 *****es on sea doos, whooping and laughing.

Away fly the pelicans, away the serene quiet of the waves, away the smell of clean air.

Your "fun" is not worth my serene day.

Yes it's a free country, and yes I hope your seadoo needs an engine replacement.

cheezydemon3 said:

Worst one, GF at the time and I hiked out to this fairly remote beach in Fla and happened to come out of the trees to see 2 majestic pelicans floating in this beautiful little mini bay.

Away fly the pelicans, away the serene quiet of the waves, away the smell of clean air.

Yes it's a free country, and yes I hope your seadoo needs an engine replacement.

Hmmmm............it's almost like when a thread is going along and a cheezydemon comes along with a nonsensical comment and everything is changed. Happens all the time. Except its the other way around. The thread sucks first and then it gets better. ;)

Never been on one and really do not care to. Don't even care if folks ride them so much but I really hate it when they go tearing up the river to go fishing at 5 in the morning. And the jet boats are even worse. Would it kill them to throttle back a little and get there 5 minutes later?

I don't hate the machines. I don't hate all of the owners. I hate the owners who think everyone wants to watch them do circles and blow water out of the jet, especially from the shortest distance possible.

I know the feeling, but for me it's other humans & their dogs showing up on the trail, or worse, at the campsite. I like to seek out some remote areas to go camping, and every time, EVERY time, somebody else shows up. If I fell down & broke a leg, nobody would come by there for a year or more, but if everything is fine, every mothertrucker & their brother shows up...
And all I really wanted was some peace & quiet, away from other humans. I feel your pain man.
Regards, GF.

I have had seedoos and I have had boats. Both are a pain in the a$$ with all the maint.
There are some real buttheads in boats out there as well. We had a guy in a huge cuddy actually trying to run down all the folks on pwc on our little spot on the lake. When he shoved a man and his 8 year old daughter up into the weeds we had to have a little talk. So dont hate the seedoos hate the player.

While they are fun to be a jerk on they can be really annoying to boat around. I kind of think I hate the stereotypical ride-your-butt wake hopping and flying near where you are swimming type of riders. Of course I kind of consider these to be the equivalent to the on road 49 cc scooter drivers who ride in the left lane going slower than traffic allows and all around act like A-holes (makeing it do wheelies? really?) and then parking on the sidewalk. Maybe I am just bitter.

Sailing and Kayaking REALLY allow you to appreciate the natural beauty of a place. IMPOSSIBLE from a motorcraft.

Oh yeah,pureeing manatee heads is pretty god damned unforgiveable too.

Can I report a mod for stealing my GF????????

;)

I know the feeling, but for me it's other humans & their dogs showing up on the trail, or worse, at the campsite. I like to seek out some remote areas to go camping, and every time, EVERY time, somebody else shows up. If I fell down & broke a leg, nobody would come by there for a year or more, but if everything is fine, every mothertrucker & their brother shows up...
And all I really wanted was some peace & quiet, away from other humans. I feel your pain man.
Regards, GF.

I like camping where I don't see ANYONE for days. So my wife and I planned a trip up in Trinity (in CA) where all the guide books said "this is a hard slogging hike, but you won't see a single person". We drove two days, started out backpacking, got about 4 hours in and remarked that we kept seeing lots of people. We finally got disgusted, hiked back out, went to a restaurant in Yreka, and the waitress asked "are you here for the harmonic convergence?" Apparently we'd picked the one weekend, and the one place where all the new-age types were congregating.

Sailing and Kayaking REALLY allow you to appreciate the natural beauty of a place. IMPOSSIBLE from a motorcraft.

Oh yeah,pureeing manatee heads is pretty god damned unforgiveable too.

Can I report a mod for stealing my GF????????

;)
That is the one saving grace of a PWC - they are impellar-driven, with the entire propulsion system inside the hull, and a screen on the intake side. Very little chance of harming aquatic life, unless it's small enough to go through the screen (and then it may just go all the way through unhurt) The only part of the "drivetrain" outside of the hull is the outlet nozzle.

I love them and hate them. I'm complicated.

Sounds like snowmobiles up north. My friend is always complaining about spending 2 days x-country skiiing into the "wilderness" only to have snowmobilers show up and ride in circles.

Sounds like snowmobiles up north. My friend is always complaining about spending 2 days x-country skiiing into the "wilderness" only to have snowmobilers show up and ride in circles.

VERY much like that.

If I was hiking Sheltowee in Red River Gorge/DBnat forrest and some ass hat came up on a dirt bike, I would HATE.(verb;))

Regards, GF.

So YOU are GF?

I love them and hate them. I'm complicated.
Right there with ya. As a machine, I don't mind them, actually considered buying one every now and then. Some of the morons that drive them..... Let's just say there have been times my "heavy" casting rod has had only a 2 oz lead sinker at the end of the line, and I can cast that thing pretty accurately.

Can't agree. I love SeeDoos. I love ski boats. I love giant speed boats. I love driving in circles. I don't care about pelicans cuz Uncle Billy said they're bad eating and he'd eat anything.

They are fun to chase occasionally.

I don't care for doing most of those things in the vicinity of other boaters though. (Except skiing. Wake jumping is fun. It's fun on a jet ski too.)

Edit: Oh and I hate Manatees. When they slap the water while we're swimming it sounds like a gator coming off the bank and that bothers me.

Can't agree. I love SeeDoos. I love ski boats. I love giant speed boats. I love driving in circles. I don't care about pelicans cuz Uncle Billy said they're bad eating and he'd eat anything.

They are fun to chase occasionally.

I don't care for doing most of those things in the vicinity of other boaters though. (Except skiing. Wake jumping is fun. It's fun on a jet ski too.)

Edit: Oh and I hate Manatees. When they slap the water while we're swimming it sounds like a gator coming off the bank and that bothers me.

One post in, lol.

Sorry, no precedent to know if you are being sarcastic or not.

Around the end of May, every year, people from Ohio converge on our clean, warm lakes.
Most think it is somewhat of a phenomenon, just like the salmon of capistrano.
I think its more to do with the low cost of vacation homes down here & that they've polluted the $h!t out of their own lakes & rivers.

With them, they bring their "richy-rich" children, who all seem to be around 13 years old every single year.
They buy their children PWCs and let them drive, recklessly, illegally, all over the lake every day from sun-up to sun down.
You have to practice overly-cautious, defensive navigation when piloting any other form of water craft, because they like to cut in front of you, ride your wake, and in general endanger their own lives.

Sorry to offend anyone from Ohio, and if you're not one of these people, please take time to kick your neighbor in the gonads for me, cause chances are they are one of these people.

Around the end of May, every year, people from Ohio converge on our clean, warm lakes.
Most think it is somewhat of a phenomenon, just like the salmon of capistrano.
I think its more to do with the low cost of vacation homes down here & that they've polluted the $h!t out of their own lakes & rivers.

With them, they bring their "richy-rich" children, who all seem to be around 13 years old every single year.
They buy their children PWCs and let them drive, recklessly, illegally, all over the lake every day from sun-up to sun down.
You have to practice overly-cautious, defensive navigation when piloting any other form of water craft, because they like to cut in front of you, ride your wake, and in general endanger their own lives.

Sorry to offend anyone from Ohio, and if you're not one of these people, please take time to kick your neighbor in the gonads for me, cause chances are they are one of these people.

Oh MY GOD.

I would have to move or I would be the first one to END one of the little bastards.

Oh MY GOD.

I would have to move or I would be the first one to END one of the little bastards.

The objective, actually, is to avoid ending one of their lives, so as to not be sued by their rich parents plethora of lawyers. They rarely wear life jackets, so its best to avoid them at all cost.

Oh MY GOD.

Nah. You just switch out the 2 oz sinker for a nice big 1 1/2 oz casting spoon, with a BIG OL' treble hook. First time they catch one of those across the chest, they'll learn.

The objective, actually, is to avoid ending one of their lives, so as to not be sued by their rich parents plethora of lawyers. They rarely wear life jackets, so its best to avoid them at all cost.

Oh, I get it. But after one dies, the parents take more notice.

Nah. You just switch out the 2 oz sinker for a nice big 1 1/2 oz casting spoon, with a BIG OL' treble hook. First time they catch one of those across the chest, they'll learn.

Worth organizing a huge participation....pass out fliers to locals.

Funny. Just yesterday I yelled at two different *****bags on seadoos for going way too fast and way too close to fishing boats. Both drove H2s which is shocking, right? bless jet skis, fun if your a teenager but sad sheen your an adult who's trying to show your manhood. Grow up losers, find a real hobby...

So I'm sitting in my duckblind one fine fall morning without seeing a dang thing for several hours. Finally a couple land too far for my shotgun but they are slowly making their way into my decoys. When they are almost in range a pair of jetski's come flying into the bay and use my decoys as slalom gates. Of course the ducks are gone and I have to sit there while these FIBs from Chicago tear up the bay.

But I did have the last laugh. This was a large, shallow lake with a lot of muck on the bottom. They didn't realize this whole bay was 2 feet at the deepest. One of the machines got caught nose first in the muck and the rider went flying. He emerged covered in foul smelling crap, muddled his way to his machine and started screaming at his buddy to help him get it out. The buddy refused for fear of getting his stuck.

I hopped in my duck skiff, picked up my decoys and laughed while doing circles around the guy who was still stuck.

So I'm sitting in my duckblind one fine fall morning without seeing a dang thing for several hours. Finally a couple land too far for my shotgun but they are slowly making their way into my decoys. When they are almost in range a pair of jetski's come flying into the bay and use my decoys as slalom gates. Of course the ducks are gone and I have to sit there while these FIBs from Chicago tear up the bay.

But I did have the last laugh. This was a large, shallow lake with a lot of muck on the bottom. They didn't realize this whole bay was 2 feet at the deepest. One of the machines got caught nose first in the muck and the rider went flying. He emerged covered in foul smelling crap, muddled his way to his machine and started screaming at his buddy to help him get it out. The buddy refused for fear of getting his stuck.

I hopped in my duck skiff, picked up my decoys and laughed while doing circles around the guy who was still stuck.
I'd have written down the registration numbers and called the CO. Here in Iowa, interfering with a hunter can get you a citation from the game warden.

You pretty well can't get away from anyone in the lower 48 in the summer, especially if you drove to get there.

I particularly enjoy off season camping. All you need is different gear, and it is very do-able, and just as fun, IMO. Also, less skeeters.

Ski's are plenty of fun. I've had several, but just have one these days. Compared to a boat, they are much less efficient, and much less usable. The main problem is they sell them everywhere (even costco these days), and the typical buyer views them as a go cart for the water. They don't take into account that there are certain expectations that "real" boaters, fishermen, and especially sailors (ie: blow boaters) have regarding courtesy on the water. The dealers just sell them, and then point them to the nearest landing. Also, it doesn't help that most of the ski's that are out these days will do 60+ out of the box. Combine that kind of power with no education and a completely uninformed operators, and you are setting up a confrontation.

Now, that said, some fishermen around here can be complete ****** bags as well. The big thing in our area is fresh water striper. In the cooler months, people will typically pull planing boards, and some will set out a spread that completely covers up a relatively large cove, around a blind bend, using homemade boards that aren't even visible. Then they get all pissed when you enter the area at all, and even dare to pass not wait on them for 30-45 minutes to finish their pull.

I was kind of annoyed a couple years ago when I learned that you need a license to drive a boat/pwc. Now I am not so worried about it. Not only do I know enough about boating, but hopefully these D-bags learn the rules of the water and when they need to yield. If I am sailing and some jerk cuts me off I will hit them. I know I will feel bad if I injure someone, but I will not take responsibility for some idiot.

I was kind of annoyed a couple years ago when I learned that you need a license to drive a boat/pwc. Now I am not so worried about it. Not only do I know enough about boating, but hopefully these D-bags learn the rules of the water and when they need to yield. If I am sailing and some jerk cuts me off I will hit them. I know I will feel bad if I injure someone, but I will not take responsibility for some idiot.

The Boaters safety license class is funny to take. I run a center console a skiff and my kayaks. There was about 45 minutes of the entire 5 hours that pertained to me. The rest was repeatedly reminding of the rules of running a PWC and why you should never drink alcohol and drive a boat. Both of which I never do to begin with.

Well... I don't think there is a "limit" on them in most states... So just take you trusty shooten iron and reduce the population of this invasive species...

My friend bought a new boat, so we go to Lake Norman to catch some large mouth. We are sitting under a bridge drop shoting the pilings. Its a cool weekday morning so the lake looks like glass. Then we here the buzz of the water cockroach coming full speed 55+mph under the bridge. The wake slams my buddy's brand new 45,000$ bass boat into the pilings. As the little sh*t drives away we here him laughing. we discuss chasing him, wrecking and kicking his A*s or just calling the game warden, more likely. But then he came back for more. So I picked up and unopened sun drop can and threw it at the rider the can hits the front nose of the sea-doo and disappears, It just completely broke through the the front panel don't know what happened but it stopped the sea-doo about 200 yards later bad thing is as we ran away we had to go back past him to get to the landing. we gave him a nice wake to contend with. Sun drop kills roach s dead.:rockin:

With a scene that peaceful and remote it would be more than the tranquility they would have spoiled for me and my woman!

I agree. They are fun to the rider but anyone watching is either jealous or highly annoyed.

For next time, carry one of these and a pocket full of lead fishing weights!

50010.jpg

The Boaters safety license class is funny to take. I run a center console a skiff and my kayaks. There was about 45 minutes of the entire 5 hours that pertained to me. The rest was repeatedly reminding of the rules of running a PWC and why you should never drink alcohol and drive a boat. Both of which I never do to begin with.

I wonder why. Methinks that they may be trying to drive home to PWC riders how they should act.

5 hours? I took the lazy way out and did one of the online classes. Managed to power through the entire course in under 2 hours.

Back