Keg Clog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brak23

Reaction score
Hello all,

I finished kegging my beer and its been sitting for a week and ready to go. But when I went pour my first batch of god's nectar, it hardly dribbled out. Which is odd, because its never happened. So I opened it up and found it clogged with remnants of yeast and broken down hops that are at the bottom of the keg. So I cleaned my out line, pulled off the cap and the tube and cleaned it. I put it all back together, poured for 1 second and clogged, cleaned again, same result.

Do I need to just keep doing this until it unclogs? Or is there a trick? Ive also tried blowing CO2 down the tube and the same result.

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you need to rack it out of the keg into a bucket, clean the shtuff out of your keg, and rack it back.

Does your dip tube hit the bottom of the keg? (sounds like a dirty joke)
If it goes all the way to the bottom, you might cut about a quarter inch to half inch off the bottom of the dip tube if you have the tools to do it.
This should help not picking up the sediment that may still fall out while in the keg.

Back