Sanyo 3.6 CuFt Kegerator Conversion - Will a keg fit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rami

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Sanyo sr-3660s mini-fridge in the garage that has been sitting there for 10 years. Plan to build my first keg system and make it into a single keg kegerator. It's a bit small, but I THINK it can work. One keg is really all I need.

24" height if I dont re-locate the freezer. 29" if i do, but i'd rather not.

Will a 22" height pin-lock keg have enough space on top if i do not move the freezer? Or is that pushing it? The freezer seems hard to remove and re-locate as there are some hard plastic and aluminum lines that connect to and feed the side of the freeze plate. You can see in this picture.

photo-1-59757.jpg

9" cut out circle (pin-lock diameter) and 7" paint can (place for a Co2 tank) will fit easily.

photo-3-59759.jpg

Made a diagram for this fridge if anyone ever happens to need it.
sanyo-sr-3660s-59756.jpg

Thanks

How are u gonna run the lines up if u don't relocate the freezer? I'd relocate it, but that's just my opinion.

Either way I think ud be good with the headspace.

There is about a 2-3" gap behind the freezer plate before the back wall. Should be plenty. However, I might just do a door mount tap anyway. Still planning.

Back