'nother Phoenecian Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to the board but have been brewing for a few years (extract).

I've recently upgraded my serving fridge to a 4 tapper (from 2) and now have a dedicated fermentation fridge.

As a brewer that endures 90 days of 100F and 15 days >110F, the re-purposed equipment has been a blessing. I used the water-bath swamp cooler method for many years and there is a clear difference in quality.

Had I known, I might have bought a dorm fridge or used the method detailed by desertbrew years earlier when $ and space was limiting.

To answer a couple of others question from another thread, "Yes, I am the proud owner of a 2003 Rubicon." I am top-down and AC on about 360 days a year.

From lurking on this board, I saw that there aren't many fans of Ginger Beer (the soda). There is nothing tastier than a Moscow Mule http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Underground/6514/mule.html
served in a copper mug on a sweltering day.

Woh - this is a bump. Hey olllllo, SWMBO and I are FINALLY going to partake in some Moscow Mules tonight with your copper mugs (thanks again for the gift!). She called and said she saw some Ginger Beer at Sprouts that reminded her of the tasty drink at your place. Why I didn't scour for ginger beer earlier when it was 100+ outside I have no idea.
:mug:

I know you're new here and all, so I'm going to give you some free advice. Watch out for the mods, they're a mean cantankerous bunch.

Welcome Olestra, oleander...uh... Jeepy dude..:D

This is an excellent resource for the beginning brewer How to Brew - By John Palmer

icon_204.gif

Back