Cheap Stainless kettle with free shipping.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this kettle and thought I would post it up for those wanting something bigger than 5 gallons, but didn't have the budget for one or for those new starting out.

link

It's 9 gallons and also has a steaming basket like my Bayou Classic. I thought $55 was a good price and the shipping would be free since it is over $50.

Looks good. I'd love to know how it works out for you.

Oh I'm not in the market for one now since I already have a 10 gallon Bayou Classic. I posted this for those who are looking for one for their first kettle and/or don't have the budget for a more expensive bigger kettle.

I've gotten a lot of help from this community, so thought I would post this to "give back" a little to the community. ;)

Yesfan said:
Oh I'm not in the market for one now since I already have a 10 gallon Bayou Classic. I posted this for those who are looking for one for their first kettle and/or don't have the budget for a more expensive bigger kettle.

I've gotten a lot of help from this community, so thought I would post this to "give back" a little to the community. ;)

Ah. Thank you. I may give a try next time I get some cash for equipment upgrades.

Great price, but I find my 36 quart kettle very frustrating. I tend to do 6 gallon batches to end up with 5 gallons in bottle or keg(soon). I fight boil overs constantly, for full boils I suggest nothing less than 10 gallons.

That's a great deal, especially with free shipping. I got the 30 quart and the $22 burner from there a couple months ago. (No free shipping though)

Ramitt said:
Great price, but I find my 36 quart kettle very frustrating. I tend to do 6 gallon batches to end up with 5 gallons in bottle or keg(soon). I fight boil overs constantly, for full boils I suggest nothing less than 10 gallons.

I do 6.5 gallon full boils and definitely get occasional boil overs even in my 10 gallon pot, so agree that I wouldn't want to go smaller.

I bought my 40 quart from these guys: http://www.waresdirect.com/products/Restaurant-Supply/Update-International-/Stock-Pot-40-Qt-167553

and have been very happy with it so far. It's currently $30 but that doesn't include a lid (extra $7 and you'll want one at some point) or S&H (not sure what that runs).

Back