anyone know what this is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A three tap keezer with a collar! Just looking in the mirror in the second picture....

Might be a speaker for a speaker system throughout the house? We used to have one in our old house..mom would use it from the kitchen to tell us when dinner was ready when we were in the game room. What's right below it?

maybe the siren? On the opposite side of the wall(the hallway) there is one of those dual lamps that go on during a power outage.

i dont think its the speaker for the doorbell, i think that comes from the white intercom below it. the intercom is to talk to whos at the front door and unlock the front door for the complex

(it's a condo unit, i have a 1bedroom that i moved into about a year ago)

yeah, the white thing in the 2nd photo is the intercom, its lets you talk to whoever is at the front door

Yeah, it definitely looks like it's supposed to make noise. Either a smoke detector like pscdouglas says or a siren for a previously installed security system.

How old is the unit?

If it is an old unit my first guess was a buzzer so you knew when somebody was at the front door looking to get let in and they just never removed it when they put in the intercom system.

If it is too new to have had an old buzzer system, I would say the fire alarm. That should be easy to prove, just set off the alarm and see if it makes noise. :rolleyes:

It's a $5000 fine from the Fire Marshall for tampering with integrated fire alarm devices...

(Not really)

Why not ask, I dunno, the HOA?

It's a $5000 fine from the Fire Marshall for tampering with integrated fire alarm devices...

(Not really)

Why not ask, I dunno, the HOA?

A$5,000.00 fine only in Oblivion. It's legal here. I change the battery in my hard wired smoke detectors all the time. Not all of us have Homeowners Associations. In fact, I've never had one!:mug:

unit is about 15years old. but i think you guys are right, probably an alarm since directly opposite in the hallway is one of the emergency flood light things

Latest posts

Back