Nitro jockey box help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

White_Horse

Reaction score
I recently made five gallons Irish Stout. I want to take to a 7-Day camp out. I'm wanting to make a jockey box with a stout faucet and run Nitro. Should I use 50 or a 120 foot stainless steel tubing in the jockey box? I know that longer tubing is recommended for continuous pouring. But does it make a difference when running Nitro and stout beer or can I just utilize 50 feet. I'm not going to use a half barrel of beer I'm only going to use 5-gallon corny kegs.. And is leaving the kegs in the shade under a tarp outside approx ( 85°-90°) degrees is that ok?

Any advice at this point would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time!

leaving the kegs outside in that warm of a temperature isn't great, but you'll be drinking it over 7 days, it will be fine. Sorry I can't help you with the length of tubing, but I think you've got it right - the longer tubing is better but the shorter tubing is less expensive and will probably work fine. I don't think nitro makes a difference in that equation, but I'm not an expert on jockey boxes.

I've moved this from the Announcements subforum to a subforum for DIY projects like jockey boxes. Hopefully, more people will see it there and be able to give you some help. And welcome to HBT!

Thanks for the info!!
I think I have it figured out. I will try to post a picture when I'm finished making the box.

All done!
It works great thanks for all the advice!

IMG_20170613_210100479.jpg

IMG_20170613_205942263.jpg

IMG_20170613_210036282.jpg

IMG_20170613_210212370.jpg

IMG_20170613_210230380.jpg

Latest posts

Back