New brewery Columbus, Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentmike

Reaction score
Dont want to take anything away from Bgunn, so glad hes now a professional brewer. Tallgrass found a hidden gem!

But I wanted to announce that Pigskin Brewing Company is official and we want to start creating the buzz!!

pigskinfinal_zpsf2bc41c8.jpg

Congrats on taking the big step. Best of luck. Will you be a brew pub or are you going to be distributing?

Next time I'm in the area I'll be sure to stop by (and bring everyone I'm with to spread the word).

Thank you very much!!! We will have a tap room where we hope to do most of our business. Anything not sold in the tap room will go to the local bars around town to get our product out there for people to try.

Very nice, so will you be kegging in tradition kegs for the bars? Or using those new "disposal" kegs?

Bottling by hand for sale at the taproom? Or just growler fills?

What size brewery, how many fv's? bbt's?

Haha, sorry for asking all the business plan questions, but us beer nerds wanna know so we can day dream about our own future breweries...

Kegging in traditional kegs for bars. What are the new disposal kegs? like soda in a bag?

We will be selling beers in pints, howlers, and growlers in the tap room. We may get in to bomber filling by hand for local beer bottle stores. A bottling machine is damn expensive!!

For starting we will be a 3.5 bbl brew house making double batches hopefully into four 7 bbl fermenters then into serving tanks for the tap room. We are in the planning stages so we are gathering all of our equipment. We have our brew house though.

Nice, I know bottling is either expensive or time consuming (most likely both). And canning is nice, except more expensive, more things to break, and that half million minimum can order haha.

A new brewery by me is using kegs that are pretty much just a bag in a plastic bucket, brewers like them because after the keg kicks you have a food safe fermentation vessel haha.

It sounds like you're doing this with someone else, which is good, a lot of guys wear themselves out doing double batches like that.

Keep us updated.

Yea, Cbus used to be a 3 bar town,, Barley's, CBC, and Elevator. However it has exploded in the last few years. So many choices between breweries and tap rooms that fill growlers. I can't even keep up, the pint room, World of Beer, four string, seventh son, the dailey growler, north high brewing, and soon to be wolf's ridge.. The market was open, but I wonder if it is becoming a little saturated, if you don't have a menu. Are you opening up in Hilliard, or in town.

We will be opening up at 1400 Dublin Road down at the intersection of Rt 33 and 5th ave. It's the old American Motor Coach ware house. We will be open during business hours, as well as that commute home. The CFO works out of his home so his office will be there now. We will see around 100,000 cars pass by during the day, its such a great area. If anyone here is in the catering business or need a space for food prep in the Columbus area please let us know, we would love to work with you.

Back