Veterans discount- northern brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reinstone

Reaction score
I just noticed that northern brewer offers a 10 percent veterans discount. I wanted to pass along the information so others will support them as they support us.

Semper Fi!

Very cool! Did you call yet? How did that go?

Veterans and Active Members of Military discount

As a way to honor and thank the men and women of the US Armed Forces for their service, Northern Brewer offers a 10% discount for veterans and active members of the military. To receive this discount for mail order purchases, please call 800-681-2739 to speak with a customer service representative. We also honor this discount in all of our retail locations. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts, and excludes Blichmann Engineering products.​

Very cool! Did you call yet? How did that go?

Veterans and Active Members of Military discount

As a way to honor and thank the men and women of the US Armed Forces for their service, Northern Brewer offers a 10% discount for veterans and active members of the military. To receive this discount for mail order purchases, please call 800-681-2739 to speak with a customer service representative. We also honor this discount in all of our retail locations. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts, and excludes Blichmann Engineering products.​

I haven't called yet, I will report back when I do!

Midwest also does the same. But they want to see proof such as a copy of orders.

Midwest is a 5% discount, except it looks like they bumped it to 10% for Memorial Day

wonder why the Blichmann exclusion?

just not enough markup to justify the discount? or is Blichmann prohibiting the veterans' discount on their products?

not that they don't have the right to. but it would certainly affect my decision to buy their products

I just noticed that northern brewer offers a 10 percent veterans discount. I wanted to pass along the information so others will support them as they support us.

Semper Fi!

Ohh that's awesome. Didn't know, guess I know where I will be purchasing a few things from

I use the veteran discount everytime I order from northernbrewer. In the comments section of the order place.. please add my veterans discount and it will be added before charging your card.

So let us know what they say when you call, do you supply them proof and then they flag your account as eligible for the discount? I can see people taking complete advantage of this if you can just leave a comment to apply the discount.

Chugger Pumps has a huge military discount.
I had to send a photocopy of my ID or I think you can send a DD214.

Give them a call or email them. Influenced my decision to buy a Chugger rather than a March. Two thumbs up!!!

wonder why the Blichmann exclusion?

just not enough markup to justify the discount? or is Blichmann prohibiting the veterans' discount on their products?

not that they don't have the right to. but it would certainly affect my decision to buy their products

Blichmann forbids discounting of their products for any reason. Anywhere you go Blichmann products will be the same price and never on sale.

Blichmann forbids discounting of their products for any reason. Anywhere you go Blichmann products will be the same price and never on sale.

Yeah that why a lot of places do free shipping on them instead of a sale.

I would think that there might be a few bad apples who take a discount that doesn't apply to them but overall I think most people will respect the company policy. In order to get the discount I emailed them in their comment area. The discount is on the honor system, until too many "veterans" pop up then I'm sure proof will be required.

If any one has read on the stolen valor crap.....you will see that apparently you don't need "proof" to wear the Medal of Honor.

Regardless, I thank Northern Brewer for thanking Veterans, to me it isn't about the money.....as much as it is that this company recognizes that we served. You can probably find a northern brewer discount on the back of a mailer or online somewhere.
I am just thankful for the recognition.
If the discount was strictly for current military (as many are) I would not have written this post as it would not apply to me at this time.

Military men and women will find that when you leave the service......there will be much more talk about supporting the military current....not the veterans (military past). I support current and former military.....as most people do. But Northern Brewer has made a distinction that few do....veteran and active duty both qualify. Thanks NB it shows that you probably fly your flags right side up instead of upside down!

Chugger Pumps has a huge military discount.
I had to send a photocopy of my ID or I think you can send a DD214.

Just remember that photocopying a military ID is a violation of federal law.

Recent incidents have been reported regarding the photocopying of military identification cards and common access cards by commercial establishments to verify military affiliation to provide government rates for services. The photocopying of U.S. Government identification cards is a violation of Title 18, U.S. Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 and punishable by fine and imprisonment.

Indeed, thanks NB...

Now i need to get off my lazy ass someday, goto the DMV and get my veterans ID. I just don't want to deal with the lines.. :/

Indeed, thanks NB...

Now i need to get off my lazy ass someday, goto the DMV and get my veterans ID. I just don't want to deal with the lines.. :/

Illinois doesn't have a veterans Id. I got a card from IL dept of veterans affairs for disabled hunting and fishing privileges.....other than that I keep a sanatized copy of my dd214 and dd215.

I would think that there might be a few bad apples who take a discount that doesn't apply to them but overall I think most people will respect the company policy. In order to get the discount I emailed them in their comment area. The discount is on the honor system, until too many "veterans" pop up then I'm sure proof will be required.

If any one has read on the stolen valor crap.....you will see that apparently you don't need "proof" to wear the Medal of Honor.

Regardless, I thank Northern Brewer for thanking Veterans, to me it isn't about the money.....as much as it is that this company recognizes that we served. You can probably find a northern brewer discount on the back of a mailer or online somewhere.
I am just thankful for the recognition.
If the discount was strictly for current military (as many are) I would not have written this post as it would not apply to me at this time.

Military men and women will find that when you leave the service......there will be much more talk about supporting the military current....not the veterans (military past). I support current and former military.....as most people do. But Northern Brewer has made a distinction that few do....veteran and active duty both qualify. Thanks NB it shows that you probably fly your flags right side up instead of upside down!

our VFW post supports veterans, but we also proudly sponsor a lot of programs/events for our local National Guard unit; Company C, 3rd Battalion, 116th Infantry Regiment, 116th Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 29th Infantry Division

and their families

Indeed, thanks NB...

I'm in the same boat... just too lazy to deal

you can apply online, then visit a DMV to show the online receipt & your DD214 within 15 days. maybe the lines would be shorter for that

Back