Newbie to the flock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curley

Reaction score
Good day all,
Am from sunny Ireland and new to brewing. During the lockdown last year, i started learning a new skill, brewing cider. Why Cider....? there are 8 apple trees and 4 pear trees in the back yard and there's only so many of them we can eat!! ;)
Not wanting them to go to waste, my best mate and i planned to try our hands at Cider. Unfortunately, he passed away very suddenly before we could kick off our project.
So i started brewing in his honor and lifting the first pint of every brew to him!

I hope to learn from all you experts in here as i only know the absolute basics. Thank you for having me in the group

Welcome to HBT, though I wonder about that "sunny Ireland" phrase.
We've only done one trip to Ireland, 2017, but we loved it.
Ireland.png

I have two bottles of my "Red Queen" Irish red ale left. I will drink one tonight in your best mate's honor.
Slainte!

Last edited:
Welcome to this madness we call a hobby. So sorry to hear about your mate. But I'm sure he is thrilled that you are carrying on in his honor. Keep brewing. Be it cider, beer, wine or mead the joy of drinking and liking beverages that you make at home is very rewarding. A wealth of knowledge awaits you here. Never be bashful to ask questions.

Happy brewing

Murph

Welcome to HBT, though I wonder about that "sunny Ireland" phrase.
We've only done one trip to Ireland, 2017, but we loved it.
View attachment 747132
I have two bottles of my "Red Queen" Irish red ale left. I will drink one tonight in your best mate's honor.
Slainte!
thats was a little sarcasm! Ireland is beautiful when the sun is out. but it has been raining non stop the last 3 days. Thank you for raising a glass of your precious private stock! Slainte

Welcome to this madness we call a hobby. So sorry to hear about your mate. But I'm sure he is thrilled that you are carrying on in his honor. Keep brewing. Be it cider, beer, wine or mead the joy of drinking and liking beverages that you make at home is very rewarding. A wealth of knowledge awaits you here. Never be bashful to ask questions.

Happy brewing

Murph
Thank you mate

Back