Newbie poster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IvanCAllen

Reaction score
Hi, I have been brewing for a few years now. I went to all grain brewing about 10 years ago and built a 15 gallon system about 4 years ago. Nothing fancy, all gravity feed so no pumps. I do a batch sparge and it has worked well for me. I messed up my last batch of brew tho, I brewed a 15 gallon batch from a 10 gallon recipe. Hard to believe but true. Alcohol content is about 4 percent, but the hop load is really light. I'm going to pitch it out unless someone has a better suggestion. I looked at hop extracts but it seems they all need to boil. is there anything i could add to get some bitterness?

Thanks guys but i all ready made the mistake of fermenting it. Thought I could drink it. I bottled 5 gallons and have the other ten gallons in corny kegs.
By the way I forgot to say many thanks for letting me join your forum.

thanks for letting me join your forum.

i'm/they aren't too picky! lol

Welcome!

and i just recently threw a hop bag with some pellet hops in a keg that was too sweet, made it passable for my taster.....

as far as your bottled beer put them out in the sun and call it a heinieken clone! ;) :mug:

I would try hop tea into the keg, and for the bottled mix it with a hoppy beer and it could be a great low ABV lawnmower special. :mug:

Latest posts

Back