Newbie brewer with kit supply question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Forum, My wife and I are wanting to get some beers going giving these strange times. We have ~ 20 brews between us, have the gear to do it but haven't made the jump to all grain, so we are still using kits that we often modify, a bit. We are having to use online purchase and delivery due to not having a local shop our closest shops are 1 hour away. We live in Oregon and are in a bit behind WA and Cali but are locking down more all the time. Any suggestions for sites that still have brew kits? lots of my " go to " stores are sold out. thanks for the info

Steve

If the two of you have already done that many beers, maybe it's better to get a recipe book and order the ingredients on your own. I'm using Brooklyn Beer Shop's Make Some Beer. It's a one-gallon brew book, but if you're making more it'll be easy to scale up.

Northern Brewer seems to have beer kits and some bottles of extract available. You might need to be creative with what varieties are available.

With 20 brews under your belt you might also consider buying a mesh bag from someone like Wilserbrewer and give Brew In A Bag a try. It was my gateway into all grain and it was not as hard as one might think. Depending on how big of a kettle you have you might need to adjust recipe size, but other than that you probably have everything you need to get started with BIAB.

I have two places I order from, ritebrew.com and homebrewsupply.com.

I got everything I needed the other day from ritebrew, so he seems to be well stocked. I also order from homebrewsupply.com, but haven't ordered lately from them.

thanks guys, I have considered BIAB but not made the jump yet. this could be the time. Thanks for the links, I am still looking and will let you know

Home brew supply had some kits too.

Back