New to this and need fridge advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob-

Reaction score
I have all the pieces for my kegerator except a fridge. I am thinking of buying a Haier 4.6 cu.ft. I haven't seen anyone do a kegerator with this fridge and was just wondering if anyone would have a opinion one way or the other. From what I've read 4.6 should be large enough but I'm new at this and could use some advice before I commit.

http://www.costco.ca/.product.10022...rypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

That should link to the fridge.
Thanks,

I use a Haier wine fridge, which looks similar, but didn't make it into an actual kegerator. I put the keg inside and use a picnic tap.

That should be big enough for a corny no problem. That's essentially the same size as the one I am currently working on. Just be sure to know where the coolant lines are before you drill into it any. I was lucky that all of mine were on the sides of the fridge so I had no trouble drilling through the top for the tap tower. If your fridge doesn't tell you were the lines are, you can do the old corn starch and isopropyl trick.

I have all the pieces for my kegerator except a fridge. I am thinking of buying a Haier 4.6 cu.ft. I haven't seen anyone do a kegerator with this fridge and was just wondering if anyone would have a opinion one way or the other. From what I've read 4.6 should be large enough but I'm new at this and could use some advice before I commit.

http://www.costco.ca/.product.10022...rypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

That should link to the fridge.
Thanks,

The Danby's are good because they are a bit bigger, you can get one with no freezer section and the coolant lines are not in the top so it's easy to mount a tower. 2 corneys fit nicely with a 5lb CO2 tank inside.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I can't post the link at work but in this article there is a link about 1/2 way down to a great video tutorial on converting a Danby. A brewer in Newfoundland put it together. Easy to follow and I'm very happy with the result.

I'm wanting to get 2 corneys in it. The only reason I was leaning towards this one is the see through door, thought it would be a cool industrial look. I just never heard of this brand and never seen a kegerator with a glass door.

Back