New to the site, not the hobby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTikiBrew

Reaction score
I normally live in the greater Boston area, and have since 1997. Right now I'm off doing COVID-19 response (not on the front line by any shape of the imagination).

Started brewing mead in my folks' basement at 19, kept doing that off and on.
Around 27 or 28 I was given a one gallon beer kit.

Sometime just before my 30th birthday, but after my divorce, i started brewing 5 gallon extract batches and kegging them.

Move forward a few years, I decided I was going to try all grain, so I bought a 10 gallon water cooler jug ... and let it sit around doing nothing for various reasons.

Now I'm back to trying all grain, but BIAB, and so far, only 1.5 gallon stovetop batches - both of which had very low efficiency.

When I get back, I'm probably going to try a larger batch, and I'm working on putting gas and liquid line parts together for an eventual keezer build on my tiki inspired patio.

Hello, & welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a plan. I brewed one gallon extract batches for a long time. I too just switched to brewing 5 gallon batches. ( extract) I am very interested in starting to brew all grain. However the all grain approach has me feeling a little intimated.

Back