New to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jloewe

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m new, or soon to be new to brewing. Made some simple rice wine and it worked, although my blistering hot apartment in the middle of a heat wave taught me a lesson about esters right off the bat...

nyway, my story is I’m getting into brewing. My dad is going to give me his old carboys and any salvageable gear he’s had collecting dust. We’re actually going to brew our first batch together. Likely a pumpkin wheat ale.

The ultimate goal is the be the best. My friend and I came up with the half drunk idea of opening a microbrewery for sake and beer. It’s not completely out of no where we were going to do men’s beauty products but then after a drink realized booze is better. We’re also both great chefs so I’m sure between the two of us we could bring together some special brews sooner rather than later. Although I realize we have a ways to go since we’re rookies buying extract kits.

Any advice on what to do and what to try as a begginer is welcome. Hope to be on here asking about more brews soon.

Welcome to the community and obsession!

The ultimate goal is the be the best.

I wish you luck! Good attitude to have when attempting anything in life so I commend you on that

Any advice on what to do and what to try as a begginer is welcome. Hope to be on here asking about more brews soon.

Advice is simple, brew, brew it again, brew it again and again and again until you have your process and taste perfect. Brewing at a high level takes practice and reflection. If you really want to open a microbrewery and be successful it's not gonna be easy. The market is flooded and many breweries are lucky to break even. If you have the drive, goal orientation and willingness to take criticism and practice your craft you might just have what it takes to be successful.

Brewing ain't easy at a high level, know that going in.

Hi all, I’m new, or soon to be new to brewing. Made some simple rice wine and it worked, although my blistering hot apartment in the middle of a heat wave taught me a lesson about esters right off the bat...

nyway, my story is I’m getting into brewing. My dad is going to give me his old carboys and any salvageable gear he’s had collecting dust. We’re actually going to brew our first batch together. Likely a pumpkin wheat ale.

The ultimate goal is the be the best. My friend and I came up with the half drunk idea of opening a microbrewery for sake and beer. It’s not completely out of no where we were going to do men’s beauty products but then after a drink realized booze is better. We’re also both great chefs so I’m sure between the two of us we could bring together some special brews sooner rather than later. Although I realize we have a ways to go since we’re rookies buying extract kits.

Just google Brew Master classes and lots of options pop up

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from Colorado :mug:

if you are considering a commercial operation, repeatability, efficiency, and scientific control of your process are key. As you build your brewing capabilities, I would recommend you enter the same beer in many competitions, when it routinely wins high medals that is an indicator you were ready to go to a next stage. Also, you need an exhaustive business plan, and experience running a business.

Back