New to brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stackerssubs

Reaction score
I am new to the brewing seen, I got a Mr Beer Home brew kit. I made my first Pale Ale today, and the instructions, said to add the yeast, let it sit for 5 minutes and give a stir and close the lid and let it sit for 3 weeks, am I ok by stiring the yeast after it sat for 5 minutes.

If why it’s calling for you to wait 5 minutes. As long as the wort is down to 60-70 degrees, you can pitch and stir right away

Thank you, I did not know if stiring the yeast or just let it sit. I was reading and it said not to stir the yeast. I love craft beers, and always wanted to home brew, my kids got me a Mr Beer kit for Father's Day, for me to try my hand. I am a Chef by trade, but new to the brewing thing. I hope I did not mess my beer up by mixing in the yeast. I also used spring water instead of tap water.

Thank you, I did not know if stiring the yeast or just let it sit. I was reading and it said not to stir the yeast. I love craft beers, and always wanted to home brew, my kids got me a Mr Beer kit for Father's Day, for me to try my hand. I am a Chef by trade, but new to the brewing thing. I hope I did not mess my beer up by mixing in the yeast. I also used spring water instead of tap water.
No it will be fine either way.

Mr Beer is how I got started too. My wife bought me one. welcome to your new addiction.

If you’re a chef it will most likely click for you relatively sooner than most. Stirring the yeast quickly for about 10 seconds will help get some o2 in for the yeast.

Mr beer is the hand mixer, you can produce decent stuff. Soon you will want to move up to that $800 mixer and make great beer. Just tell you significant other that your saving money, :bigmug:

Just got distracted be with making the beer, not it's the waiting game.....I am sure that I will want to move up, but I want to brew a few batches to get the hang of it first.

Where it all began, circa 2004. I had a full-blown Mister Beer infrastructure and cranked out hundreds and hundreds of bottles of beer with it, before everything went kinda crazy ;)

back_in_the_day.jpg

back_in_the_day2.jpg

Cheers! :drunk:

Back