New parts for a new Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCBrewer

Reaction score
Well after around 550 miles round trip and 5 stops in south texas I have some more parts for a decent home setup.

I need some help deciding what to do with my new parts I am thinking kegerator with a nitro setup but help me decide.

1st pickup:
1/4 barrel keg - $25

2nd pickup:
1/4 barrel keg - $30

3rd Pickup: $110

single tap tower w/ chrome faucet and shank to hose with ss fittings to commercial keg tap
Tower cleaning bottle and tube with fittings
bag of pbw power
Commercial Keg tap with gas fittings
5lb co2 alum bottle (in Date) with attached regulator (silver housing,with check valve on gas line out and tube to gas side with ss fittings for commercial keg)
Beer line and faucet brushed and wrench

4th pickup: - $15
00K0K_9UFBZMysLB1_600x450.jpg

This baby is huge, I believe it to be a wall mounted version, and came with the taps seen, they need to be cleaned and new seal/orings, and the strout tap is only the bottom half so I assume parts will be impossible to find, and would need to be replaced. The internal foam is crumbling and will need to be replaced, but has the holes for a commercial glycol setup trunks I am assuming. Thick stainless steel, with removable drip pan plate and built in drain.

5th pickup: - $80

20lb Alum CO2 Bottle $50- Out of Date
5lb Alum CO2 Bottle $30-Out of Date

I know a guy at a local shop Said I could swap no charge if I wanted same bottle back would cost $10 for the hydro test and a week or two.

//Same guy I got these from said he had 2 33cuft Nitro bottles that he had to find in his garage but would offer them to me for $40/each

I need to price these nitro bottles at the local air shops and see if it is worth the gas and time.

P.S. I also have a 9.something cuft chest freezer I got off craigslist for $50 that is ready to go, I also have a 7 cuft chest freezer with a temp controller built in from manu. (how I got it) and a standing ferm chamber I rebuilt out of a broken single glass door merchandiser.

I know building a kegerator before I have beer ready to go into it, but thats why I got the 1/4 barrel shells so I can get some commercial (blah) before I fill up my ball lock corny's (6 right now).

I still have to build my stand, but I will have that completed and the rest of my brewing things by end of october, I am hoping to have a new years party with my own on tap by then.

Back