New member from Calgary, Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FnBeerTime

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,

I'm a new member from Calgary, AB, Canada by way of New Brunswick, Canada. Oil industry flop has left me unemployed, (happily I might add), and given me some time to get back into the homebrew hobby/addiction.

I jumped back into brewing about a month and a half ago and have had a festa brew kit sitting in secondary for a while and after being let go I got the urge to start kegging it. Having all of my equipment in New Brunswick I was left to figure out how to piece together a kegerator on an impatient person's timeframe and budget. It's unbelievable how hard it is to find parts, especially CO2, and even more frightening how expensive it is. Alas, $450 later I have a bar fridge with a corny keg and 20lbs gas tank with a picnic tap on it serving moderately carbonated blonde lager beer. It's not the best tasting but damn good coming from my own tap!

I've been on the forums before years ago and love learning from you guys, this is truly the best source of advice and experience in the world. I'm content for now brewing from kits but will probably make the transition to all grain once the kits bore me.

Hope to learn as much as I can!

Back