new homebrewer from Florence Italy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea_88

Reaction score
Hi I'm Andrea, an Italian homebrewer from Florence in Italy. I appreciate this forum and I hope to find and to share many experiences, tips and ideas with homebrewers from another country.
I brew with 3 tuns system and I prefer Belgian beer style (tripel, belgian dark strong ale, saison,blanche) and wheat beer particularly weizenbock.
Sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:

Your English is way better than my Italian,
ma puoi sempre usare google translate.
All the beers we hear about are from the UK, Belgium and Germany, but there must be an Italian brewing tradition? Did the Romans make a farmhouse style ale?

Your English is way better than my Italian,
ma puoi sempre usare google translate.
All the beers we hear about are from the UK, Belgium and Germany, but there must be an Italian brewing tradition? Did the Romans make a farmhouse style ale?
Hi, there isn't a real Italian Beer style
because the tradition of my country is mainly focused on wine. But in north Tuscany (in a place called garfagnana where I have a mountain house) it is spread the use of unmalted cereals like spelt which is grown on many fields.
upload_2020-4-26_12-33-36.png

I was in Florence last May, and we loved it! We found a little beer bar not far from the train station, going towards the leather market that had really good beer. I tried an "Italian IPA" and my friend had a malty beer that I can't remember. We did drink mostly wine, but on occasion found some good beer. Mostly not very good beer, but still- it was great.
This is the place where we enjoyed our beers!
IMG_9316.JPG
IMG_9313.JPG

I was in Florence last May, and we loved it! We found a little beer bar not far from the train station, going towards the leather market that had really good beer. I tried an "Italian IPA" and my friend had a malty beer that I can't remember. We did drink mostly wine, but on occasion found some good beer. Mostly not very good beer, but still- it was great.
This is the place where we enjoyed our beers!
View attachment 677631View attachment 677632
Hi, in that street there is an excellent craft brewery called Mostodolce. I don't know this little beer bar.

Attachments

• 1588111124525.png
    1588111124525.png
    312 bytes · Views: 1
Back