New guy here! Beverage-Air BM23 manual

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANK YOU! My unit is a way older model. BM23 with R12. It just started having cooling issues, electrical I'm thinking??? Hopefully this wiring diagram will help get me a started in the right direction but if anyone has the older manual it would be greatly appreciated as well.

They are simple, if the compressor runs and doesn't get real hot, a common problem is the thermostat, you can get a generic one off of Amazon for ~$20.

There are two screws that allow you to remove the evaporator pan, and two screws that hold the thermostat in place and two wires on the thermostat. Usually takes about ten minutes.

If the evaporator pan is rusted, I usually either spray it with flexseal or use flex tape to seal it up.

It seems to be a common problem.

Thank you Doc! Hope today to get a chance to really spend some time on it. I'll check that first! Guessing I can just jump the 2 thermostat wires to bypass the thermostat and run it "wide open"/full cold? I may throw a set of gauges on it to check the charge while I have it apart. When I got it 5 or 6 years ago the evap. pan was rusted, fixed that and the fan motor was loose, super noisy so that was why I got it super CHEAP!! Worked GREAT till now. What really sucks is I have a couple of 5 gallon kegs in it. A ~1/2 keg of a 96 minute IPA and ~1/3 keg of a Honey Hefe in it Hope they survive???
I'll keep y'a posted as to what I find, Again, THANK YOU!!!

Would still like to have a service manual just cause if anyone has a copy

THANK YOU one and all for the input!!! I found the issue!!! I replaced the wire, used a jumper wire across the overload switch (till the new one gets here) and it's down to 36 degrees!
Would still like to get a copy of the service manual if anyone runs across one!
1633559217805.jpeg

Latest posts

Back