New Grower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skrandle

Reaction score
I’m wanting to expand part of my farm to grow gains for brewing beer. I may have planted the cart before the hose. Meaning I have two hops growing now, Nugget and Sterling. My question is, what beers work with these two hops.

Hi and welcome to HBT. There is a subforum for hop growing and another for recipes and ingredients - you might want to check those out for more info on your question.

I've used Sterling - its kind of like noble hop (like Saaz) but grown in the US. I've used it in a variety of lagers.

I've never used Nugget, but it is what is sometimes called a super alpha acid hop, meaning it is used for bittering American-style ales like IPAs, Pale Ales, American Browns, etc. Kind of like how you might use Horizon hops.

Hi and welcome to HBT. There is a subforum for hop growing and another for recipes and ingredients - you might want to check those out for more info on your question.

I've used Sterling - its kind of like noble hop (like Saaz) but grown in the US. I've used it in a variety of lagers.

I've never used Nugget, but it is what is sometimes called a super alpha acid hop, meaning it is used for bittering American-style ales like IPAs, Pale Ales, American Browns, etc. Kind of like how you might use Horizon hops.

Thank you very much, right off of the gate I get some good info. I had found out a little about nugget and it what you are saying. As for the sterling I haven't been as lucky so what you've told me is where I'm leaning towards, lagers.
I will be checking out a number of forum here in my pursuit.

Thanks again

Back