Holy Moly Brett C. is Damn GOOD!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullenium

Reaction score
didnt know if it was going to turn out since i massively underpitched my 5gal batch.

just took a grav sample and went from OG of 1.074 (extract brew so may be off) to 1.015 after 4 weeks

flavor is a MASSIVE pineapple slap you in the face flavor.

reminds me of the Dole Pineapple Banana Orange juice mixed with bacardi rum

I am impressed

Good to hear. I went to the store last week hoping to get some Brett. b., but they didn't have any and I ended up getting some Brett c. Starter had a nice mini pellicle going and smelled great. I threw it in the fridge earlier today and will probably pitch it on a citra pale ale some time this week.

What kind of beer did you pitch yours in to?

Good to hear. I went to the store last week hoping to get some Brett. b., but they didn't have any and I ended up getting some Brett c. Starter had a nice mini pellicle going and smelled great. I threw it in the fridge earlier today and will probably pitch it on a citra pale ale some time this week.

I did the clone of mo betta bretta in BYO

mullenium said:
didnt know if it was going to turn out since i massively underpitched my 5gal batch.

How much did you under pitch? Like only the contents of the vial under pitch or quick starter under pitch.

Did you get any activity at all?
Pellicle, small krausen, any airlock activity?
I pitched 1/2 gallon of Brett C starter in a 3 gallon batch, the gravity is dropping slowly and there is a thin pellicle but not much else.
Just seems like its not quite right.

Austin_ said:

Brett prefers to be stored at room temp, unless you're just trying to crash the starter just leave it out at room temp. This is all per Chad Y but I practice it myself with success.

How much did you under pitch? Like only the contents of the vial under pitch or quick starter under pitch.

Did you get any activity at all?
Pellicle, small krausen, any airlock activity?
I pitched 1/2 gallon of Brett C starter in a 3 gallon batch, the gravity is dropping slowly and there is a thin pellicle but not much else.
Just seems like its not quite right.

I made a half gallon starter from a vial and let it sit for 24 hours with occational shaking. so being i only left it 24 hours i might as well just pitched the vial only, since it didnt really ferment (brett vials have a very low cell count)

also had it in a closet with 64ish temp for first 2 days with no activity, moved carboy to a bathroom sitting next to a heater vent, twisted carboy back and forth a bunch to kick up all that trub on the bottom with 68-70 temp and she took off!

Brett prefers to be stored at room temp, unless you're just trying to crash the starter just leave it out at room temp. This is all per Chad Y but I practice it myself with success.

Yeah, I had the starter going for a week. Just trying to crash it out.

Back