• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois 30 Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT: SOLD
$65 shipped or $55 local pickup in Chicago.

I have a gently used 30 plate chiller that I purchased from kegcowboy. It has a dent in one corner that it received during initial shipping, but does not impact performance. My understanding is that these are re-badged dudadiesel chillers (the short models), or that they're from the same factory. It comes with 1/2" NPT male threads on all ports, but I have put garden hose adapters on the chilling water side.

I've used the chiller for about 5 batches, and cleaned/sanitized it after each use. I always bag/filter my hops. This will chill a 5 gallon batch to ~15 degrees above chilling water temperature in 10 minutes or less.

I'm selling this chiller because I'm upgrading to a larger plate chiller, as I find that I'm brewing more 10 gallon batches, as well as lagers, and I wanted a more efficient chiller.

Thanks for your interest.

Cool- thanks. I'm actually going to get out of the way on this one. I'm thinking I'm going to need a bigger chiller than this as well.

Sorry, I didn't get home until late last night. I will post a pic this evening. Until then, you can see what it looks like in the thread linked above.

Pics (note that the camlocks on the wort in/out are not included):
2013-04-18%2022.03.59.jpg

2013-04-18%2022.04.23.jpg

Back