What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have a stir bar in a carboy now.

Magnet. I keep an extra hard drive magnet on hand after the first fishing expedition! I use it to secure the stir bar in the flask before I dump my starter and if I forget I can use it to pull the stir bar up the side of the carboy.

Yum!!!

image-3228297721.jpg

Bayou Classic outdoor propane burner
Will be using this monday on my day off
super exicted

my fancy new cell phone.

Hope you got a fancy new case, too.

I got nothing in the mail but junk. Better than bills, not as good as my dang NHC first round scores. Atlanta is still judging it looks like, so hopefully next week.

Finally got around to ordering some more tobacco and got my package today:
Frog Morton
Orlik Gold Slice
Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding
and a few Meerschaum Cob Pipes for the trips out and about fishing.

I made a DFH 60 minute clone recipe and had is shipped by Northn Brewer and ups has shipped it to a wrong city. It was supposed to be here today so now I have to wait.....

We got our new slider cell phones yesterday after ordering them on sale Wednesday. That was quick. Internet phones with slide out keyboards. Cool!:ban:

Just got some new reading material in. :mug: "The Brewmaster's Bible”, "Brew like a Monk", "Clone Brews 2nd edition" and "The Brewer's Apprentice" 5 months to study up before I can get home to Brew! Oh, SWMBO says after the wedding. :(

received a pound a Centennial and 3oz of Warrior Also made a run to the LHBS and picked various grains, hops and yeast for my next 2 brews along with a barley crusher!! :ban: makes we wish it was the weekend already so I can brew!

Saturday I got a hex driver to put my cold room together, yesterday was ingredients for a wee heavy, 60 shilling, ordinary bitter, and ESB, as well as a set of precision hydrometers.

Today was my brand new Monster Mill 3-2.0 with base and hopper+extension. Good stuff.

I got an (e)mail today saying thatsome of my electronic parts for a controller build will be resent, express, since the first lot left the country of origin but never arrived in mine :( 2+ months waiting for a 3.5" LCD screen!

Got my shipment of East Coast Yeast from love2brew: Bug Farm VI, Saison Brasserie Blend, Saison - Single Strain, Farmhouse Brett, and Old Newark Ale. Now I just need to figure out what to brew next.

4oz hop packs, from Farmhousebrewingsupplies. I got 8oz. Amarillo, 4oz of Columbus, 4oz. of EXP.1210, and 4oz of NZ Pacifica. :ban:

Got my shipment of East Coast Yeast from love2brew: Bug Farm VI, Saison Brasserie Blend, Saison - Single Strain, Farmhouse Brett, and Old Newark Ale. Now I just need to figure out what to brew next.

I stop stalking them online for one stinking day and I miss the ECY03. I've been repitching the same stuff for almost a year and I need some fresh!

That is one hell of a yeast collection. I'm a little jealous! Sounds like our tastes in brewing are very similar. I'd love to hear what you decide to make and how it turns out.

Got the regulator for my 3 44 tip jet burners, which should be here next week! 3bbl brewing here I come! Had fun last night assembling the Monstermill 3-2.0. It's pretty sweet.

Just got my Monstermill 3-2.0.....

Just put in my order for that yesterday. How long did it take because I am so excited. In the mail today I got a Spiedel 7.9gal fermenter (pretty sweet), 5lb 2row, 5lb wheat malt, 1lb crystal 15L, AR-15 parts kit and a Kitchen-aid Sausage stuffing part. Kinda like Christmas today. I have to test run the fermenter but it feels solid and I am thinking my better bottles are about to get the boot!!! No more long soaks and washcloth forearm workouts for me!!:ban:

Just put in my order for that yesterday. How long did it take because I am so excited. In the mail today I got a Spiedel 7.9gal fermenter (pretty sweet), 5lb 2row, 5lb wheat malt, 1lb crystal 15L, AR-15 parts kit and a Kitchen-aid Sausage stuffing part. Kinda like Christmas today. I have to test run the fermenter but it feels solid and I am thinking my better bottles are about to get the boot!!! No more long soaks and washcloth forearm workouts for me!!:ban:

Order on Thurs shipped on Fri arrived Tues. Fast turn around!!! SWMBO says it was heavy.:D

That is one hell of a yeast collection. I'm a little jealous! Sounds like our tastes in brewing are very similar. I'd love to hear what you decide to make and how it turns out.

I really wanted to go with a 12 gallon batch of a basic saison and split it between the Brasserie and Single Strain to see how the two compare. But, I don't have two brewbelts, and my house isn't quite warm enough yet to let them stay at ambient temperature.

So, I'm going to go with the Farmhouse Brett in a Rye Saison with Magnum for bittering and Citra throughout the rest of the boil. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back